Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I don't have any first aid training, the emergency operator on the phone was good at talking you through what to check for and what to do.

Surreal would be an understatement about the experience, even when the paramedics showed up they asked me to help them pump air into his lungs after they "bagged him" while they're doing other checks.

I don't have any first aid training, the emergency operator on the phone was good at talking you through what to check for and what to do.

Surreal would be an understatement about the experience, even when the paramedics showed up they asked me to help them pump air into his lungs after they "bagged him" while they're doing other checks.

Did they tell you to check if he'd soiled himself?

Cooking dinner while having a couple of beers and listening to Transformer by Lou Reed. Therapeutic as f**k, man. The simple things.

Four cruise ships under Fred Olsen Cruise Lines, two jack up DP ships under the Windcarrier name, 11 energy platforms under the Energy banner and five fast ferries in the Canaries under the Express brand.

I am a deck cadet working for Fred. Hopefully not for much longer, my exam is next Friday, and yet I'm still spending a worrying proportion of my time on P&B.

I'm into double figures in terms of cruises I've sailed on and closing in on triple figure nights at sea, and I've never heard of one of these deck cadets.

The reason I brought it up is because I always fancied maybe doing a season on a cruise ship before I settle down for a real job (maybe work in a bar or deal blackjack or be a DJ or something) but I've read some horror stories of 16 hour days, 7 day weeks and the pay is apparently only $50 a month plus gratuities.

P.S. Isn't Fred Olsen for old c***s?

I'm into double figures in terms of cruises I've sailed on and closing in on triple figure nights at sea, and I've never heard of one of these deck cadets.

The reason I brought it up is because I always fancied maybe doing a season on a cruise ship before I settle down for a real job (maybe work in a bar or deal blackjack or be a DJ or something) but I've read some horror stories of 16 hour days, 7 day weeks and the pay is apparently only $50 a month plus gratuities.

P.S. Isn't Fred Olsen for old c***s?

Nah you won't get that. Its all nine month contracts for Asian members of crews.

At the minute I work 70 hours a week but its quite well arranged. $50 a months is far from true.

I'd just stick to the cruising.

And in response to the last question, yes.

Nah you won't get that. Its all nine month contracts for Asian members of crews.

At the minute I work 70 hours a week but its quite well arranged. $50 a months is far from true.

I'd just stick to the cruising.

And in response to the last question, yes.

4 on 8 off plus overtime?

This video :lol:

I worked in the athlete's village at the Commonwealth Games and clearly some of them were only there for a holiday.

Get those boys paid - infinitely more skillful than anything we'd manage, yet also rare high comedy.

They look so pleased too :lol:

Aye, pished. That, and having the flimsy shelter roof and car's suspension to give some graduation to his fall, will have saved his life.

The lesson is that we must all be pished at all times. You never know when something like this might happen.