Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

My dad made a bit of a creep comment to my wife on fb (publically on her wall).

Debating whether to say something to him or not. I already don't really get on with my mum and although I'm not close to my dad, we don't really have any issues as such.

Your wife's probably the most important person to consider here. Is she upset about it? Does she want you to say/do anything? If she can just brush it off, it might be best to do the same - it's not worth upsetting her by stirring anything up. If she is upset by it, he should be made aware that he's crossed a line.

The wife posted up a new profile picture yesterday which has some likes and various comments from her friends etc.

My dad today posts on her wall (not the picture) saying "oh my what a good looking daughter in law I have got"

He doesn't really do Facebook as such. Has about 15 friends which are mostly family. He is about 67 I think. Him and my wife have only ever met/spoke about 4 times (once was the wedding) so it's a bit random to be 'banter'

Creepy auld basted imo

Aye, so, when you get the time, before bedtime would be good, some photos please.

The wife posted up a new profile picture yesterday which has some likes and various comments from her friends etc.

My dad today posts on her wall (not the picture) saying "oh my what a good looking daughter in law I have got"

He doesn't really do Facebook as such. Has about 15 friends which are mostly family. He is about 67 I think. Him and my wife have only ever met/spoke about 4 times (once was the wedding) so it's a bit random to be 'banter'

Creepy auld basted imo

The worst thing about it all is that you an your da' are on Facebook.

Shitting Christ! Really? I was expecting some shit of Tywin Lannister / Shae esq bahaviour and all he does is says your Mrs is nice looking?

Your wife's probably the most important person to consider here. Is she upset about it? Does she want you to say/do anything? If she can just brush it off, it might be best to do the same - it's not worth upsetting her by stirring anything up. If she is upset by it, he should be made aware that he's crossed a line.

She won't have seen it yet. I'll see her tonight so I think your right and I'll obv speak to her first. She won't care tbh but if this is indeed the second comment then should I just let it pass?

I should mention that my wife once made a side comment to me that my dad once made a comment about her boobs. I think that's creep behaviour

Fair enough, that's a bit weird.

Shitting Christ! Really? I was expecting some shit of Tywin Lannister / Shae esq bahaviour and all he does is says your Mrs is nice looking?

Even if she's really pig ugly it's not a creepy thing to say about your daughter in law.

She won't have seen it yet. I'll see her tonight so I think your right and I'll obv speak to her first. She won't care tbh but if this is indeed the second comment then should I just let it pass?

I would, to be honest. It's not the sort of comment that would bother me, but then I'm just that kind of person and I've laughed off far worse just being in work! I think I'd be more annoyed if it kicked off a shit storm that I had no wish to be at the centre of though.

Whit?

Both comments are fairly fucking creepy as far as I'm concerned. But Mrs M is right - this is your wife's call.

What do you expect him to say? He's 67, new to Facebook, and thinks he's been asked to make a comment.

He doesn't really do Facebook as such.

What do you expect him to say? He's 67, new to Facebook, and thinks he's been asked to make a comment.

I expect my dad not to make a comment to my missus about her tits. I expect him to say the picture is nice/lovely blah blah blah.

I'm not saying to disown him - I'm just saying it's creepy.

I expect my dad not to make a comment to my missus about her tits. I expect him to say the picture is nice/lovely blah blah blah.

I'm not saying to disown him - I'm just saying it's creepy.

Can't imagine how you'd react if your kid drew a picture for your dad and he stuck it on the fridge.