Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's not abstention, so what's the point?

I seem to be able to have a couple of them without needing a load more pints, washed down with a bottle of red wine and pizza. Don't even notice the slightest booze kick off them and they're so heavy that it would be hard to drink more than a couple of bottles. I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon at some point but not even been remotely tempted so far.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

I seem to be able to have a couple of them without needing a load more pints, washed down with a bottle of red wine and pizza. Don't even notice the slightest booze kick off them and they're so heavy that it would be hard to drink more than a couple of bottles. I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon at some point but not even been remotely tempted so far.

Which wagon are you on if you're drinking wine?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Which wagon are you on if you're drinking wine?

Sorry - I meant that in my drinking days I could never manage just a couple of pints. Non (or almost non) alcoholic beers seem to help me stay off the real booze.  I have tonsillitis (not tetanus) and am a bit spaced so apologies for havering.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Sorry - I meant that in my drinking days I could never manage just a couple of pints. Non (or almost non) alcoholic beers seem to help me stay off the real booze.  I have tonsillitis (not tetanus) and am a bit spaced so apologies for havering.

Whisky is good for tonsillitis.

There used to be a lad in Dunfermline who would stand outside Lynebank Hospital on Halbeath Road, waving at the traffic. He had very similar legs and feet to you. 

If it's the same one, his name was Jeffrey. He was fascinated by number plates and vehicles. He'll be late 40s now. He was a pleasant lad.

This is throbber, his taste buds will have been burnt off with the solid drinking he's been doing.

He'd be able to hold down a Kalibur.

Yesterday I had 4 pints in the pub and then 6 bottles of beer and a bottle of wine when I got back. I don't even feel drunk with that which is quite a worrying thing probably.

3 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

If it's the same one, his name was Jeffrey. He was fascinated by number plates and vehicles. He'll be late 40s now. He was a pleasant lad.

Always wonder what happened to folk like that when they knocked down Lynebank. He had a female equivalent that used to forever walk the country roads from Dunfermline though to Saline, Oakley etc

Edited by Shandon Par

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Lemsip espressos with warm brandy chasers was always my illness-busting remedy. 

Vodka or gin in Lemsip is good. When the hot water hits it the alcohol evaporating really clears your nose and sinus.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Does your bird match your boozing?

No - we would usually share a bottle red and she might have a gin or cider after and I will have beers, she had white wine yesterday so I just took the red to myself. Don't like leaving any wine in a bottle once I have opened it either, that's beast behaviour.

Probably explains the grotesque obesity you frequently go on about.

I plan to lose a stone by the end of October just by cutting the drink out and a little more exercise as I always remained active despite my drinking penchant! My BMI says I'm a bit over weight, maybe 10 pounds but it also says my lowest ideal weight would be about 8 stone 10, no way should a man my age and height weigh that little!

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I plan to lose a stone by the end of October just by cutting the drink out and a little more exercise as I always remained active despite my drinking penchant! My BMI says I'm a bit over weight, maybe 10 pounds but it also says my lowest ideal weight would be about 8 stone 10, no way should a man my age and height weigh that little!

Are you about 4 foot tall?