Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, CityDave said:

I bought my brother-in-law that mid-life crisis one for his birthday last year. 

Very interesting.

Had no end of problems with the ceiling in my flat coming through after I was flooded by the guy above me on three occasions in four days.

Have been chasing my landlord for over a week to get it sorted as it's not really fit for living in, as another bit fell away on Monday night, and they came back to me yesterday saying that it should hopefully be fixed next week once the insurers give the go ahead, and that I've been given December rent free.

Quite delighted with that in all honesty!

39 minutes ago, Adam said:

Had no end of problems with the ceiling in my flat coming through after I was flooded by the guy above me on three occasions in four days.

Have been chasing my landlord for over a week to get it sorted as it's not really fit for living in, as another bit fell away on Monday night, and they came back to me yesterday saying that it should hopefully be fixed next week once the insurers give the go ahead, and that I've been given December rent free.

Quite delighted with that in all honesty!

Spend it on drink.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Spend it on drink.

That's stupid surely with all the liquid that's come through the ceiling that would be like having a cross as a sign for Jesus. The money ought to go on class A's. 

Grimbo  

I'd like to ask a question. Today at lunch i seen an advert trying to raise money for guide dogs. Fine, guide dogs are phenomenal and the best thing ever.

However, there was a blind guy, with his dog, in full cricket gear and I'm assuming it's to play.

How does that work? Does the dog chase the ball for him? Who does the throwing?!

I'd like to ask a question. Today at lunch i seen an advert trying to raise money for guide dogs. Fine, guide dogs are phenomenal and the best thing ever.

However, there was a blind guy, with his dog, in full cricket gear and I'm assuming it's to play.

How does that work? Does the dog chase the ball for him? Who does the throwing?!

Guide dog takes him to the cricket, his cricket dog helps him play.

Full kit w****r ?

There was an interview on Test Match Special with the captain of the English blind cricket team

The ball rattles if I remember rightly

The main difference between standard Cricket and Blind Cricket is the ball. A size three football is used in UK Blind Cricket to help the partially sighted players to see it and it is filled with a quantity of ball bearings to allow the totally blind players to hear it. The MCC Laws of Cricket have also been adapted in other ways in an attempt to allow blind and partially sighted people to compete on equal terms. The major variations are as follows:

** The wicket is larger, making it easier for the partially sighted players to see and easier for a Batsman or Bowler to touch for the purpose of orientation.
** The ball must pitch at least twice before the crease of a totally blind Batsman but must not be rolling.
** The ball must pitch at least once before the crease of a partially sighted Batsman.
** A totally blind Batsman is given one chance before being given out LBW and cannot be stumped.
** The Bowler must ask the Batsman if he is ready before beginning his run up and shout "play" as he releases the ball.
** A totally blind Fielder can make a catch after the ball has bounced once.

http://www.bcew.co.uk/the-game/

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The main difference between standard Cricket and Blind Cricket is the ball. A size three football is used in UK Blind Cricket to help the partially sighted players to see it and it is filled with a quantity of ball bearings to allow the totally blind players to hear it. The MCC Laws of Cricket have also been adapted in other ways in an attempt to allow blind and partially sighted people to compete on equal terms. The major variations are as follows:

** The wicket is larger, making it easier for the partially sighted players to see and easier for a Batsman or Bowler to touch for the purpose of orientation.
** The ball must pitch at least twice before the crease of a totally blind Batsman but must not be rolling.
** The ball must pitch at least once before the crease of a partially sighted Batsman.
** A totally blind Batsman is given one chance before being given out LBW and cannot be stumped.
** The Bowler must ask t

Is he dead?

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

He's blind not deaf, should've asked him.

** The Bowler must ask the Batsman if he is ready before beginning his run up and shout "play" as he releases the ball.
** A totally blind Fielder can make a catch after the ball has bounced once.

http://www.bcew.co.uk/the-game/

What about the fielders ? Must be some carnage on them fields. Do you get 12 for knocking one out ?

c91e01d85a380ed005608fb0e61f5562.jpg