Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Not a bad result after 21 years. I left it 18 months and i needed a scale and polish and my gums were pretty bad.

I tried to get an appointment with a dentist last year as it had been about seven years since I'd seen a dentist/orthodontist. They wanted nothing to do with me. Basically unless it's an emergency you're told to get fucked.

Got a bit of toothache a couple of weeks ago and panicked but it went away after a few days. My gums seem to give me more problems than my teeth generally.

5 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

I tried to get an appointment with a dentist last year as it had been about seven years since I'd seen a dentist/orthodontist. They wanted nothing to do with me. Basically unless it's an emergency you're told to get fucked.

Got a bit of toothache a couple of weeks ago and panicked but it went away after a few days. My gums seem to give me more problems than my teeth generally.

Is there only one dentist where you live? I've had to phone round a few in the past, or you can allow dentistry students to practice on you for free.

Edited by welshbairn

I had no problems signing up for the local dentist and getting seen. That was after 2 years of not seeing one. I have bad gums as well and need to floss more to prevent the build up in between my teeth!

Is there only one dentist where you live? I've had to phone round a few in the past, or you can allow dental students to practice on you for free.

Yeah there's only one. Have heard that a private one might be starting up at some point in the future here but not sure how true it is.

I had no problems signing up for the local dentist and getting seen. That was after 2 years of not seeing one. I have bad gums as well and need to floss more to prevent the build up in between my teeth!

I use corsodyl mouthwash if mine get a bit bad. All I can do is brush 2-3 times a day and use listerine. Don't believe anyone has a perfect set of teeth really.

I use corsodyl mouthwash if mine get a bit bad. All I can do is brush 2-3 times a day and use listerine. Don't believe anyone has a perfect set of teeth really.

Brushing might not get into the wee cracks and you get a build up of shite which can lead to gum problems, they would probably give you a good thorough clean in between the teeth then recommend you floss to maintain them and your gums will improve.

11 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Yeah they recommended the flossing but unless it was using one of her undercarriage hairs I'm not interested.

They recommended these wee flossing brushes that get in between your teeth, i have no idea what advantage they have over regular flossing they just seem like a more expensive alternative because they bend and break easily.

Probably exhausted after being chased by Tory kunts.

I did take a moment to ponder that. It looked up at me and didn't care I was there and went back to sleep and I wondered how anyone could take pleasure from killing something that innocent.

I was told not to use mouthwash from mine, said it wasn't good at all. Use electric toothbrush and jobs a good un.

Mine said the same. Apart from making your breath smell minty fresh for 5mins and that "fark my tongue is burning" sensation mouthwash does nothing.

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Corsodyle (sp?) is the boi though. It's no ordinary mouth wash.

Chlorhexidine Gluconate is the generic name. Corsodyl is about a fiver a bottle. The generic stuff is exactly the same and about £2 in Home Bargains. 

Edited by Lisa Cuddy
Spelling

52 minutes ago, deej said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40185267

If ever a title suited a name, it's new Children's Laureate, Lauren Child.

Terrible choice, her Charlie & Lola books are 'teen speak' for toddlers.

"I Will Not Ever Never Eat A Tomato"

"I Am Too Absolutely Small for School"

Let's all teach our children how to speak like a half-wit, yayy!

16 hours ago, Lisa Cuddy said:

Chlorhexidine Gluconate is the generic name. Corsodyl is about a fiver a bottle. The generic stuff is exactly the same and about £2 in Home Bargains. 

That's bizarre. I was a bit lost in Home Bargains yesterday, trying to remember what I'd gone in for (it was a brolly or some sort of cagoule) and was looking at the Corsodyl blankly. I bought a poncho. Opened it up and decided I wouldn't be seen dead in it and decided to get drenched instead.

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That's bizarre. I was a bit lost in Home Bargains yesterday, trying to remember what I'd gone in for (it was a brolly or some sort of cagoule) and was looking at the Corsodyl blankly. I bought a poncho. Opened it up and decided I wouldn't be seen dead in it and decided to get drenched instead.

I can't believe there's something you wouldn't be seen dead in.