Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Some of the local takeaways really need to put more effort into their taglines. They just don't make sense, half the time.

There's a new one here called Sizzlers, which has two slogans. The first is "The name speaks for itself!" which you could probably argue is true, if it wasn't a completely meaningless phrase. It also boasts that "price and quality come first!" Well, no. One of them comes first, the other comes a close second.

Taking the crown though, is the sadly now-defunct takeaway that cried out "No gimmicks! Just real good food!" - the name of this straightforward, no-gimmick institution? Ali McBaba's.

post-31698-0-81731400-1307638077_thumb.j

You can strum the "guitar" on the google home page, technology eh?

I've been playing with that for the past ten minutes.

Do you know what the box does? When you click on it it turns red, but I don't notice any difference.

I've been playing with that for the past ten minutes.

Do you know what the box does? When you click on it it turns red, but I don't notice any difference.

Aye, it just means you can press the keys to move the strings instead of clicking on them.

I understand them announcing it on the train, but all it needs is "This train will be longer than the platform; if you're in the rear x carriages, please make your way forward".

Do people really need a leaflet with diagrams that shows them what to do?

They need someone to sound the alarm then write his fucking memoirs about it.

Aye, it just means you can press the keys to move the strings instead of clicking on them.

It's a record button. You can record up to 30 seconds on it.

Went well :)

Delighted I decided to do it. Really was painless, didn't even feel the needle going in or getting taken out. Would advise anyone who is unsure about doing it to give it a go.

Good for you! Bone marrow next? ;)

Went well :)

Delighted I decided to do it. Really was painless, didn't even feel the needle going in or getting taken out. Would advise anyone who is unsure about doing it to give it a go.

Cheers for providing me with the tools with which to do my job.

I just figured out Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart" on the Google guitar thing. The synth part anyway.

6-6-7-8-7-6-5-3-5-2

And the Happy Birthday tune is;

5-5-6-5-8-7

5-5-6-5-9-8

5-5-0-9-8-7-6

0-0-9-8-9-8

Edited by Smurph

Those New soap dispencers that you don't have to touch are fucking pointless, you wash your hands after you've touched the "germy pump"!! Might go down to tescos tomorrow and stop anyone from buying one.

You are beyond stupid.

Smurph better be training for the 5's rather than pissing about with a virtual guitar. Priorities man ;)

I take it you don't want to know the numbers for Ode To Joy then? :(

3-3-4-5-5-4-3-2-1-1-2-3-3-2-2

3-3-4-5-5-4-3-2-1-1-2-3-2-1-1

2-2-3-1

2-3-4-3-1

2-3-4-3-2-1-2-[this note isn't on the thing, so just go "bum" in a low voice]

3-3-4-5-5-4-3-2-1-1-2-3-2-1-1

Edited by Smurph

5's tonight resulted in a rather funny brawl. Few punches were thrown and heads were butted. All because of a few late challenges. Did I mention we are all supposed to be mates as well :lol: On the downside I have a large gash on my leg as a result of one of the tackles. Some people are just arseholes.

5's tonight resulted in a rather funny brawl. Few punches were thrown and heads were butted. All because of a few late challenges. Did I mention we are all supposed to be mates as well :lol: On the downside I have a large gash on my leg as a result of one of the tackles. Some people are just arseholes.

This happens quite a bit at fives. It really gets people unnecessarily wound up, nightmare to referee. Not something I would ever indulge in, it's actually embarrassing to see grown men behaving like this.

Edited by Supras