Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Until a couple of days ago i thought folk that went on about 'hot-tubs' were just fannies who wanted to be seen as having a fancy holiday. I'd not been in one for a good while.

I was wrong.

That was one of the most pleasurable things I've had in years (steady). Genuinely a moment where you realise why you work hard all fucking year. Delightful.

Got away with having pish without getting out imo

14 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I think I've become intolerant to alcohol, the insomnia I get from it the worst effect.

Even just one bottle of beer or cider throws me completely for a couple of days.

If I drink I go out like a light, unfortunately I wake up just as tired as before and stay like that until I get a proper sleep. Very seldom get other hangover symptoms. It means drinking needs to be planned in advance. Not as much fun as it used to be and more often than not, don't bother.

19 hours ago, Empty It said:

Come home to the living room chucked upside down, TV off the wall and I've been informed that the missus is painting the wall and I'm not to help, fair enough....20200729_175746.jpeg

I think my mum and dad have a unit very similar to this, they bought it in the 60's! It's potentially coming back into style mate, you just charge on and ignore the haters... 

Had a couple of hours to kill in leith today, as I've been getting oxygen treatment there. Other than the rain, it's a cool wee place.

I got myself a long overdue haircut in what turned out to be a polish barber, and bartered for a pair of jeans from a wee discount shop. Then into a hipster cafe for some bacon and poached eggs with hollandaise sauce, watching the world go by.

I've got 45 mins left so going for a walk down the docks before heading back. Good times all round.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Had a couple of hours to kill in leith today, as I've been getting oxygen treatment there. Other than the rain, it's a cool wee place.

I got myself a long overdue haircut in what turned out to be a polish barber, and bartered for a pair of jeans from a wee discount shop. Then into a hipster cafe for some bacon and poached eggs with hollandaise sauce, watching the world go by.

I've got 45 mins left so going for a walk down the docks before heading back. Good times all round.

On the Roger Moores eh? 

On the Roger Moores eh? 
I remember an old girlfriend from Leith telling me about the good ladies of duke street. Didn't see any today, though.

That's me in for my second dose of oxygen now. So I'll be heading back up to Dundee soon enough.

Can anyone ease my worries about the 20mph speed limit in Edinburgh. At what speed will you get done? Or do they not really check it (he asks, in hope rather than expectation)?

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I remember an old girlfriend from Leith telling me about the good ladies of duke street. Didn't see any today, though.

That's me in for my second dose of oxygen now. So I'll be heading back up to Dundee soon enough.

Can anyone ease my worries about the 20mph speed limit in Edinburgh. At what speed will you get done? Or do they not really check it (he asks, in hope rather than expectation)?

I don't think they ever recalibrated speed cameras etc to reflect the 20mph limit. Bus lane cameras and traffic light cameras (some of which double up as speed cameras) are pretty efficient in Edinburgh though. 

I don't think they ever recalibrated speed cameras etc to reflect the 20mph limit. Bus lane cameras and traffic light cameras (some of which double up as speed cameras) are pretty efficient in Edinburgh though. 
Cheers. I tend not to push my luck at lights, and I'd only be in a bus lane by mistake.

There's also the weird part of the a90 that says it's a 70mph on Google's directions thing, but they've changed it to a 50, and then 40 limit.

It's quite an easy drive from dundee to Leith, though. I always hated the prospect of driving anywhere near Edinburgh (just because i don't know the city at all) but it's been relatively easy.

And just while I'm at it, is Leith technically a part of Edinburgh? Or does it see itself as a separate entity?

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Cheers. I tend not to push my luck at lights, and I'd only be in a bus lane by mistake.

There's also the weird part of the a90 that says it's a 70mph on Google's directions thing, but they've changed it to a 50, and then 40 limit.

It's quite an easy drive from dundee to Leith, though. I always hated the prospect of driving anywhere near Edinburgh (just because i don't know the city at all) but it's been relatively easy.

And just while I'm at it, is Leith technically a part of Edinburgh? Or does it see itself as a separate entity?

Sounds like you must have driven over the old Forth Road Bridge. Expect to appear in the news soon. 

More of a Cocoa Pops man was he?

Think he said it was one of the most needlessly intricate things for chefs to make. I’ll find the article, it’s really good. It’s also where he claims that well-done steak customers were blessings as chefs could unload all the shite on to them.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1999/04/19/dont-eat-before-reading-this here you go

Think he said it was one of the most needlessly intricate things for chefs to make. I’ll find the article, it’s really good. It’s also where he claims that well-done steak customers were blessings as chefs could unload all the shite on to them.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1999/04/19/dont-eat-before-reading-this here you go
The sauce is ridiculously difficult to make, but f**k me it's lovely.

It used to be a separate burgh, but it's been part of Edinburgh for quite a long time. Some of the pre-gentrification holdouts still prefer to think of it as a different place.
Any suggestions for the best bits to have a wander? I got down as far as the shore today. Some really cool old buildings, but the place is generally very gentrified.

I've got another few weeks of this treatment and when i can get a double session there's a 3 hour gap in the middle.