Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I agree but telling folk they wasted your time isn't the most mature thing to do in an interview process.  

Not at all, interviews should be a 2 way thing, it should also be for the candidate to assess if the company is right for them. For the company to withhold the salary and then for the interviewer to turn up late, definitely needs called out. Sounds like a company to avoid imo.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Not at all, interviews should be a 2 way thing, it should also be for the candidate to assess if the company is right for them. For the company to withhold the salary and then for the interviewer to turn up late, definitely needs called out. Sounds like a company to avoid imo.

Possibly to be avoided but I stick by my opinion that calling them out in an interview is immature.  Also, the candidate already knew the salary wasn't being disclosed before he/she went to the interview so I don't see how that's relevant.  

Just now, hk blues said:

Possibly to be avoided but I stick by my opinion that calling them out in an interview is immature.  Also, the candidate already knew the salary wasn't being disclosed before he/she went to the interview so I don't see how that's relevant.  

Nah, I would call them out. It is completely unprofessional. The salary probably said 'competitive', and by the way they stated that they didn't want folk just applying for the money, hints that it would be at the upper level for that position.

My read is the interviewers came across as condescending c***s, the interviewee decided he didn’t want to work for them, pissed off at the waste of time it had been and threw in a couple of wee sniders to see what reaction it provoked. The interviewers, being condescending c***s, couldn’t resist but get their own wee snider in as having the last word on the rejection letter. 

Just now, johnnydun said:

Nah, I would call them out. It is completely unprofessional. The salary probably said 'competitive', and by the way they stated that they didn't want folk just applying for the money, hints that it would be at the upper level for that position.

It is completely unprofessional, but I also think saying that "they wasted your time because they were late" is unprofessional  particularly bearing in mind the mail says this happened during the interviews.  I don't like the idea of not giving a salary range any more than anyone else but once you've applied for a job knowing that I'm not sure you can complain later.

For me, a shrug of the shoulders and a quick email withdrawing my interest would be the way to go.  Otherwise, you've allowed the company to make you out to be the a-hole which is exactly what's happened.

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

It is completely unprofessional, but I also think saying that "they wasted your time because they were late" is unprofessional  particularly bearing in mind the mail says this happened during the interviews.  I don't like the idea of not giving a salary range any more than anyone else but once you've applied for a job knowing that I'm not sure you can complain later.

For me, a shrug of the shoulders and a quick email withdrawing my interest would be the way to go.  Otherwise, you've allowed the company to make you out to be the a-hole which is exactly what's happened.

We just see it differently here. The company have made themselves out to look petty and as @alta-pete points out, completely condescending. The interviewee comes across as, quite rightly, miffed.

I tend to agree with HKB here, without knowing any details outside of that message.

Calling an interviewer out for being late, during the interview, is a guaranteed way to get your application filed in the bin. Fair play if the applicant has the luxury of other options, but you'd only do that if you'd decided you don't want the job anyway, in which case there are more mature ways to go about it.

It may be the case that the interviewers were being complete tossers of course, so some snide remarks or criticism on the way out may have been justified.

3 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I tend to agree with HKB here, without knowing any details outside of that message.

Calling an interviewer out for being late, during the interview, is a guaranteed way to get your application filed in the bin. Fair play if the applicant has the luxury of other options, but you'd only do that if you'd decided you don't want the job anyway, in which case there are more mature ways to go about it.

It may be the case that the interviewers were being complete tossers of course, so some snide remarks or criticism on the way out may have been justified.

Depends on things like how late, and how it played out. Did the interviewee make it to the location to be told the interviewers were running 15 minutes late, and then get strung out for an hour plus before they showed? How did the interviewee express his displeasure?

We’re seeing the company “take” here.

Given the sheer amount of litter in this country, statistically there are a lot of folk on this forum who do it.

I can only assume that those who don't admit to it are ashamed. But then the obvious question is why are you ashamed? If you are then you know it's wrong, so why do you do it?

Bet you zero folk who litter (including smokers who chuck their cigarette buts on to the street/road/not the bin) won't reply. 

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Given the sheer amount of litter in this country, statistically there are a lot of folk on this forum who do it.

I can only assume that those who don't admit to it are ashamed. But then the obvious question is why are you ashamed? If you are then you know it's wrong, so why do you do it?

Bet you zero folk who litter (including smokers who chuck their cigarette buts on to the street/road/not the bin) won't reply. 

There was a guy at work who was quite open about his scumbaggery.  ‘Why would I go to the tip when there’s plenty of lay-bys’. It took a lot of strength not to go right through him. 

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

There was a guy at work who was quite open about his scumbaggery.  ‘Why would I go to the tip when there’s plenty of lay-bys’. It took a lot of strength not to go right through him. 

When I was younger I was a bit of knob with littering. Used to think nothing of chucking crisp bags in to playground at school if I wasn't near a bin.

Thankfully by the time I was about 9 or 10 I was aware of how pish said behaviour was and from then ensured I binned litter. Even from that young I'd carry litter with me until I found a bin rather than chuck it.

Does anyone else feel the need to stretch their neck and jaw a lot (both sides of the neck and the bottom jaw more than the rest)? I assume it's a fairly common thing (if not I worry it may be some sort of injury!).

Edited by DA Baracus

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Does anyone else feel the need to stretch their neck and jaw a lot (both sides of the neck and the bottom jaw more than the rest)? I assume it's a fairly common thing (if not I worry it may be some sort of injury!).

Strong reason to be screened for a developing TMD (Temporomandibular disorder). Commonly also associated with teeth grinding, especially at night. Do you have any pain just forward of and below the ears (location of the TMJ/Temporomandibular joints)?

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Strong reason to be screened for a developing TMD (Temporomandibular disorder). Commonly also associated with teeth grinding, especially at night. Do you have any pain just forward of and below the ears (location of the TMJ/Temporomandibular joints)?

Have you got any appointments for next week?