Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 11/08/2024 at 11:51, Arch Stanton said:

This year has flown by.

Brambles oot already.

Screenshot_20240811_114943_Gallery.jpg

Only half the work getting done the amount of times I jump off my lawnmower to stuff my face 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Last night I recalled something cringey I said 22 years ago and was cringing for a good 10 minutes or so about it.

Please do share.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Please do share.

It was when I first went to university, at Abertay, in 2002. On the first day of classes we had an introduction session for our course, split in to groups I think, and we had to say our name, where we were from and our age.

When it came to me I gave my name and where I was from but said something about not saying my age (17 at the time incidentally), the implication being that I was just sooooo young.

This implication was only obvious to me however and everyone else there was either the same age or a year or two older. f**king minter and I must have seemed like a right bell.

My 17 year old self was a tit. First few weeks there were great mind (lots of firsts) but then after it fell apart quite horribly, which lead down a pretty dark road for a long time.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It was when I first went to university, at Abertay, in 2002. On the first day of classes we had an introduction session for our course, split in to groups I think, and we had to say our name, where we were from and our age.

When it came to me I gave my name and where I was from but said something about not saying my age (17 at the time incidentally), the implication being that I was just sooooo young.

This implication was only obvious to me however and everyone else there was either the same age or a year or two older. f**king minter and I must have seemed like a right bell.

My 17 year old self was a tit. First few weeks there were great mind (lots of firsts) but then after it fell apart quite horribly, which lead down a pretty dark road for a long time.

You are clearly over thinking something that I can almost guarantee nobody else in the room even picked up on.  They certainly won’t remember it 22 years later anyway. Also we have all said daft stuff when it comes to awkward social stations like that. Introductions are probably the most obvious places to say something stupid as you are trying to come across as interesting to new people.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think Throbber's spot on.  I can remember a couple of crackers myself but I doubt others present remember - at least I hope not.

As an example, the only one I remember from somebody else was back in 2002 on my first day at Abertay... 

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Snake oil salesman's advert for snake oil banned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0rwz5xkrg8o

Hide contents

Utter fanny.

I know very little about this Bartlett guy. I do know what type of person idolises him though. This is enough for me to extrapolate that he is a massive fanny. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know very little about this Bartlett guy. I do know what type of person idolises him though. This is enough for me to extrapolate that he is a massive fanny. 

He's got a book called Happy Sexy Millionaire.

Lets just leave it at at that.