Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Quite fucking right as well :P

Arsehole customers.

:lol: I've worked in bars a few times and I loved it. Of course you get arseholes, and they're worse than your standard arsehole because they're generally pished arseholes, but anyone who isn't expecting that and complains about it is a bit dim. :P

I might start a Facebook group called "Stop having an over-inflated opinion of yourself, you're only a City barman in Falkirk, after all".

EDIT: This isn't aimed at Gav - don't think I've ever been served by him at all - but some of the barmaids / barmen in City and Sportsters are total c***s who think they're in Coyote Ugly.

Edited by Gaz

If barstaff served people in an sequence vaguely resembling the order in which they went to the bar then their would be no problems. I've no doubt that with so many people coming and going that it's hard to do, but never the less, punters have no faith in being served when they should be so resort to the tactics described on the website.

In the event that the barstaff cannot tell who was at the bar first, it's their right to pick the person acting the least like a dick.

Anyway, the one that started that facebook group was claiming that they know who was at the bar first and who needs served first. Fine, if they're working in an old man's pub, but once it starts getting busy and it's three deep, you've no way of knowing, so it's really a nonsense statement to make.

If barstaff served people in an sequence vaguely resembling the order in which they went to the bar then their would be no problems. I've no doubt that with so many people coming and going that it's hard to do, but never the less, punters have no faith in being served when they should be so resort to the tactics described on the website.

Damn straight. It's always bemused me how every single shop in Britain has a queue system apart from in pubs.

Now, pubs don't really need a queue system if you pop in for an afternoon pint when there's about three other folk in the whole place (including the staff), but Sportsters or Wetherspoons in Falkirk are free-for-alls on a Friday and Saturday night.

Facebook Group - Don’t ever say IM NEXT. I know who is NEXT it’s my job to know who is NEXT! You have just walked to the bar can you not see 10 people to your left and 10 to your right that were before you?

Er, no, love, you don't, and that part about twenty folk to my left/right who were there first is a load of made-up sanctimonious bollocks.

Edited by Gaz

In the event that the barstaff cannot tell who was at the bar first, it's their right to pick the person acting the least like a dick.

Anyway, the one that started that facebook group was claiming that they know who was at the bar first and who needs served first. Fine, if they're working in an old man's pub, but once it starts getting busy and it's three deep, you've no way of knowing, so it's really a nonsense statement to make.

Oh aye, if people are acting like dicks I'd probably make them wait a bit myself. But ironically it's folk who stand and wait pleasantly and patiently who wait the longest, as other folk will push in and the barmaids / barmen will just ignore them.

Oh aye, if people are acting like dicks I'd probably make them wait a bit myself. But ironically it's folk who stand and wait pleasantly and patiently who wait the longest, as other folk will push in and the barmaids / barmen will just ignore them.

They're harder to see, that's why. If you look out for them though, you'll get them.

I'm a girl anyway. I just show cleavage and look out for male barstaff. It's easy.

They're harder to see, that's why. If you look out for them though, you'll get them.

I'm a girl anyway. I just show cleavage and look out for male barstaff. It's easy.

I once tried to get my cock out, but I just got ejected from the premises :(

For about 8 months after my socks have been through the washing machine, I've just piled them in neat pairs. When at home, mum always put them into those wee bundles but I never knew how to do it and was ashamed to ask anyone.

Step forward Dot from Eastenders showing it in a masterclass moment of laundrette rage and I can now put my socks into the wee balls.

You have no idea how much inane satisfaction this gives me.

For about 8 months after my socks have been through the washing machine, I've just piled them in neat pairs. When at home, mum always put them into those wee bundles but I never knew how to do it and was ashamed to ask anyone.

Step forward Dot from Eastenders showing it in a masterclass moment of laundrette rage and I can now put my socks into the wee balls.

You seriously didn't know how to pair up socks?

This may be an over-used meme, but it's highly appropriate here:

epic_fail.jpg

Deary me. :D

I am the least independent guy in the world, pure rubbish. But even i know how to pair up my socks.

Your tale makes me feel a bit less loserish. Cheers!

Deary me. :D

I am the least independent guy in the world, pure rubbish. But even i know how to pair up my socks.

Your tale makes me feel a bit less loserish. Cheers!

It's just not as essential as other things, so I never bothered trying to work it out.

:lol: You know, for a seriously bright guy you are in real danger of giving the "aw brains and nae sense" mob an excuse for living. :D