Procycling thread

myshkin

The TTT is probably the best stage as an event, for spectators, but I don't like that it effects the GC.

Fair enough if it were a stand alone stage within the Tour/Giro/Vuelta, with trophies to suit. IMO, It should also count toward some sort of overall UCI standing throughout the season.

Cavendish will probably be a bit disappointed to miss out on the potential for another win on the Champs but with Sagan confirmed as the winner in the Green Jersey and Renshaw missing maybe it's for the best. If he can win gold in Rio I'm sure it'll be all.worth it as then he'd have the three jerseys and the medal he's missing from his collection.

The TTT is probably the best stage as an event, for spectators, but I don't like that it effects the GC.

Fair enough if it were a stand alone stage within the Tour/Giro/Vuelta, with trophies to suit. IMO, It should also count toward some sort of overall UCI standing throughout the season.

I agree re affecting the GC. It is a great event though.

It might've been a different race if we'd started with a TTT and the BMC boys had put a bit of time into Sky.

Sky are packed with top class riders where as the other teams don't have the fire power at their disposal. Can't blame them end goal is yellow and it'll be theres.

It's not rocket science that if your own team is struggling then you sit on Froome's wheel and at some point try and launch an attack, but Quintana, Nibali etc haven't been able to try and claw anything back into Froome's lead.

Good to see Porte at least having a go.

You can blame Sky for many things, but it's not their fault that so many of the other supposed GC contenders are miles off the pace.

You're right. Nothing odd about GC contenders and previous GT winners being unable to keep up with domestiques. Nothing at all. Nope

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

You're right. Nothing odd about GC contenders and previous GT winners being unable to keep up with domestiques. Nothing at all. Nope

Sky are rich enough to cherry pick the best climbers in the sport with the sole aim of winning yellow in July.

I'd like to see all the big teams send their B Teams to the Giro and save their top riders for the Tour.  For example, a properly prepared Nibali/Astana, targeting the tour, would surely be close to Froome/Sky.  

Sky are rich enough to cherry pick the best climbers in the sport with the sole aim of winning yellow in July.

I'd like to see all the big teams send their B Teams to the Giro and save their top riders for the Tour.  For example, a properly prepared Nibali/Astana, targeting the tour, would surely be close to Froome/Sky.  

It's always been a problem for Italian teams/riders. In their eyes the Giro is more important.

Interesting from Ned.

Off the top of my head, Big Mig is the only one who didn't have a positive test that I'm aware of.

And Kennaugh is a knob who is no stranger to Twitter controversy.

EDIT: Indurain got pinged for using Salbutamol in 1994.