Procycling thread

myshkin

He'll get a knighthood, whatever that actually means, as well. Will he even bother with the World TT?

The best champions have all defended. With a more mountainous Tour route expected, and a couple of big rivals returning, Wiggins will have his work cut out.

He'll get a knighthood, whatever that actually means, as well. Will he even bother with the World TT?

The best champions have all defended. With a more mountainous Tour route expected, and a couple of big rivals returning, Wiggins will have his work cut out.

I think the WTT will complete Wiggo's season. I'd expect Spartacus & Martin to be closer to full fitness by then, but it'll be a good competition.

bert confirmed for the vuelta along with his boys navarro, noval, hernandez and paulihno.

13 mountain stages with 6 summit finishes 8) get it up ye prudhomme!

I fully expect Contador to give everyone a complete shoeing. With a full GT under his belt, Froome doesn't stand a chance.

This years Vuelta sounds a bit like last years Giro. :)

Edited by kiddy

Surely there has to be the question of a knighthood for Dave Brailsford. He seems to have taken Team Sky and Team GB and trained them to go out and rip the world to shreds.

for telling hindes to cheat and then lieing about it?

I don't think he told Hindes to cheat. Hindes did bend the rules a bit. But Brailsfords list of titles his athletes have won is ridiculous.

agreed :lol:

when he is hiring people like yates, leinders and bartalucci it's not to see how he has managed it.

agreed :lol:

when he is hiring people like yates, leinders and bartalucci it's not to see how he has managed it.

Recycled, but appropriate:

post-3435-0-30085800-1344030567_thumb.jp

The seethe festival that surrounds Bradley Wiggins, Team Sky & Team GB on this thread is fucking hilarious to read. :lol:

Edited by well fan for life

is it me or does Bradley Wiggins come across as a bit of chug piece during interviews or with fans when he's not drawing raffles at the tour de france.

I'm not a team sky or team GB basher and think what they have managed is fantastic. I really was in awe of his achievements but seeing him on the tele during this Olympiad I think he's a bit of a chunt

I don't think he told Hindes to cheat. Hindes did bend the rules a bit. But Brailsfords list of titles his athletes have won is ridiculous.

I agree, he didn't tell Hines to cheat.

He told Hines to deny he cheated after admitting he cheated.

McQuaid getting himself tied up in knots again.............

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12563/USADA-denies-UCI-request-to-take-control-of-ArmstrongUSPS-doping-proceedings.aspx

USADA denies UCI request to take control of Armstrong/USPS doping proceedings

by Shane Stokes at 1:29 PM EST

McQuaid previously stated case had ‘nothing to do with the UCI’

The US Anti Doping Agency has rejected a call by the UCI to allow it to assume responsibility for the doping investigation into Lance Armstrong and others in relation to the US Postal Service team, and had also turned down a request for it to hand over the entire case file.

The UCI’s president Pat McQuaid had previously indicated that USADA had jurisdiction but, in two letters dated July 13th, had said that it wanted to take over the case.

On June 29th Armstrong, former US Postal Service general manager Johan Bruyneel, doctors Michele Ferrari, Pedro Celaya and Luis Garcia Del Moral plus the coach Pepe Marti were all officially charged with a range of doping-related offences.

Ferrari, Del Moral and Marti failed to respond to the charges and were handed lifetime bans on July 10th. Bruyneel and Celaya opted to go for arbitration and will face hearings in the coming months, while Armstrong has tried to overturn the charges in a federal court.

A response sent by USADA to the UCI on July 26th has today been published on the Pacer.gov website (Public Access to Court Electronic Records), in which USADA’s general counsel William Bock turns down the request, stating that the anti-doping guidelines are very clear in this area in relation to jurisdiction, and also pointing out what he said is at least one conflict of interest on the part of the UCI.

The UCI has itself been linked to the case following claims made by former USPS riders Floyd Landis and Tyler Hamilton that it was involved in covering up a positive test by Armstrong for EPO during the 2001 Tour de Suisse.

Despite that claim, which it denies, and despite previous assertions rubbishing the suggestion of doping on the team, the UCI has said it should be the authority in determining if wrongdoing was committed.

This contrasts with McQuaid’s statement to Sporza in a video interview published on July 11th during the Tour de France.

“The position of the UCI is that we are not involved in this…it is a USADA investigation, they are doing all the process in the United States. It is nothing to do with the UCI and we will wait and see what the eventual outcome is.”

According to USADA, two days later McQuaid said the opposite in its letter to the agency and sought to assume control of the investigation from the anti-doping authority. This request has now been rejected.

A request to the UCI for a copy of its request to USADA has not yet been answered.

USADA’s CEO Travis T. Tygart has said the agency would not deviate from its investigation. “The USPS Doping Conspiracy was going on under the watch of UCI, so of course UCI and the participants in the conspiracy who cheated sport with dangerous performance enhancing drugs to win have a strong incentive to cover up what transpired,” he said.

“The participants in the conspiracy have lashed out in the press, gone to Congress and filed a lawsuit to avoid a public display of the evidence before neutral judges. Efforts to intimidate, scare or pressure us to conceal the truth will not stop us from doing the job we are mandated to do on behalf of clean athletes and the integrity of all sport.

“The participants of the USPS Doping conspiracy made their decisions to use dangerous banned drugs to win and our job is to apply the rules whether someone is famous or anonymous. We will do that on behalf of the millions of people who demand clean sport despite these external pressures.”