Procycling thread

myshkin

Sounds like he's been cleared to race today, which is a surprise

I love big Tony. I was hoping he could continue, if only to absolutely destroy Chris Froome in the TT. :lol:

I think the Tour organisers just gave everyone the same time to avoid the headache. At the time of the crash, I don't think anyone was 100% sure on where the finish line was. Cav wasn't happy. And I heard Greg Henderson ranting on the radio last night. He was saying they were told the sprint was at 3k, then when it came through that the finish was moved back to the original place his team had already used 3 men of their lead out.

What a day.

I love big Tony. I was hoping he could continue, if only to absolutely destroy Chris Froome in the TT. :lol:

I think the Tour organisers just gave everyone the same time to avoid the headache. At the time of the crash, I don't think anyone was 100% sure on where the finish line was. Cav wasn't happy. And I heard Greg Henderson ranting on the radio last night. He was saying they were told the sprint was at 3k, then when it came through that the finish was moved back to the original place his team had already used 3 men of their lead out.

What a day.

Only makes sense that they give everybody the same time after that chaos. Hopefully today is a bit calmer. Sagan hot favourite. You can get Cav at 7/1 on the exchanges if you think he can survive the hills.

A pity for Millar that there was a one second gap at the finish there, don't think his team helped Cannondale with the chase soon enough though. Cracking stage & great to see sprinters shelled out the back with some decent climbs. A bit different from the predictable sprints we're used to so early in the Tour.

That run in from Bakelants was epic. that's about as close as I've seen someone sneaking away from the peloton and reeled back in without actually being caught. Brilliant effort.

It was brilliant to see the look of joy and disbelief on his face when he crossed the line.

Excellent start to the Tour. Corsica looks truly spectacular.

:lol: Froome on the attack

He said after that "he knew the descent was tricky and technical, and thought it would be a good time to push on and take the descent at his own pace".

Aye, nae bother. I get the feeling his support car were going wild at him.

What a ridiculous attack.

He said after that "he knew the descent was tricky and technical, and thought it would be a good time to push on and take the descent at his own pace".

Aye, nae bother. I get the feeling his support car were going wild at him.

What a ridiculous attack.

I heard another story that it was his birds birthday & the attack was all for her :lol:

I heard another story that it was his birds birthday & the attack was all for her :lol:

:lol:

I get the feeling that he is the best climber in this Tour, but he could end up losing it through some stupid, ill-informed attack.

Hats off to Geraint Thomas. Hairline fracture on his pelvis, and he's still riding.

Dead last mind, but fair play to the guy.

Phil Liggett is fucking clueless. Screaming about Sagan has finally got one right and he has blown everyone our of the water etc. I thought it was pretty obvious Gerrans got it.

Some lead out from Impey. That was excellent vision to see that gap. Fantastic riding.

Phil Liggett is fucking clueless. Screaming about Sagan has finally got one right and he has blown everyone our of the water etc. I thought it was pretty obvious Gerrans got it.

The geriatric fucker gets it wrong constantly. Added to his continued defence of dopers through the years, I'm fucking done with him. He also thinks he's the go to man when it comes to talking about pro cycling in the UK. Comes across as a complete arsehole. Well done to Ned Boulting who predicted this morning that Gerrans would win today, wish I'd listened and put a bet on! Edited by Desert Nomad