Procycling thread

myshkin

Don't think Nibali would've gone so early if it had been somebody other than Horner who attacked, payback for last years Vuelta.

37.20 for the climb meaning it is the 26th fastest in history up Hautacam, almost 3 minutes slower than Riis in 96.

Don't think Nibali would've gone so early if it had been somebody other than Horner who attacked, payback for last years Vuelta.

37.20 for the climb meaning it is the 26th fastest in history up Hautacam, almost 3 minutes slower than Riis in 96.

@DavidWalshST: This year's dominant teams in TdF run by Alexandre Vinokourov and Bjarne Riis, yet little talk of doping. #extraordinary

Harmon's words as Nibali flew past Nieve, "that is unbelievable".

I didn't actually think it was unbelievable watching it live. Nieve had made a last desperate bid to win a stage for Tean Sky and was absolutely gone by the time Nibali went past him, Nieve ended up 5.25 down 20 odd places back.

@DavidWalshST: This year's dominant teams in TdF run by Alexandre Vinokourov and Bjarne Riis, yet little talk of doping. #extraordinary

That's what I don't get. I've seen fingers pointed at Nibali because of Vino on an almost daily basis. Not much we can do if the people who are in a position to ask questions don't bother. I've already put this to Walsh. No reply.

That's what I don't get. I've seen fingers pointed at Nibali because of Vino on an almost daily basis. Not much we can do if the people who are in a position to ask questions don't bother. I've already put this to Walsh. No reply.

Walsh has always said that his initial reason for his suspicion of Armstrong was the speed of his first prologue win in 99, which was faster than the previous year and miles better than anything Armstrong had ever done pre cancer. Although the times like today's climb proves nothing in isolation I get the feeling that some of the cynics think the race is cleaner than it was before. I've watched more this year than in recent times and I've seen more riders looking absolutely blown out than I have for a long time. Hopefully things are heading in the right direction.

I'm hoping Kimmage's Rough Rider film gets picked up by one of the UK channels, it's on RTE in the next few months.

Heard Wiggins getting interviewed by Jill Douglas on the way in to work earlier, looks like both his Team Sky and road racing days could be over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/28476411

Edited by peasy23

Should be a sprinters day today, fancy Kristoff for another win. Sagan has the green jersey in the bag, has anyone ever won it before without winning a stage?

A few times yes. Erik Zabel in the 90's sometime IIRC and Baden Cooke in the naughties as well I think.

• 2 weeks later...