Procycling thread

myshkin

The parallels with those first Lance tours are so prevalent that it seems improbable to me that Sky are not doping. The inhaler seems even more brazen than Lance, a world class endurance athlete with breathing problems that are induced by exercise just seems unbelievable. It is in line with what many believe about their drug program, they microdope to take a whole bunch of stuff but monitor the levels so they never tip the test. They know how much salbutumol they can give riders a day, probably other things too.

“I don’t use [the inhaler] every time I race. Normally, only when I have a big effort coming up.
Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/06/news/froome-says-uci-allows-him-to-use-inhaler-to-treat-his-asthma_331334#DoUkYLJ8c2vqQJVF.99

So it is a pre-emptive measure but he only takes it on certain days. Maybe his special asthma is different to other people but aren't inhalers used when you feel you are having an issue not as a prevention method.

The parallels with those first Lance tours are so prevalent that it seems improbable to me that Sky are not doping. The inhaler seems even more brazen than Lance, a world class endurance athlete with breathing problems that are induced by exercise just seems unbelievable. It is in line with what many believe about their drug program, they microdope to take a whole bunch of stuff but monitor the levels so they never tip the test. They know how much salbutumol they can give riders a day, probably other things too.

So it is a pre-emptive measure but he only takes it on certain days. Maybe his special asthma is different to other people but aren't inhalers used when you feel you are having an issue not as a prevention method.

Froome did not mention asthma in his recent book. Not once. Considering the first half of the book is pretty much a list of excuses about why he was crap until he was 25, that seems especially odd.

If Porte challenges for the GC I think some serious questions will be heading in Team Sky's direction.

Read the last 20 pages of this thread that covers last year's tour and you can see what people were thinking about Porte's performances. At this point him winning would be less of a shock than Wiggins or Froome at the time. Porte has been a super domestique for years and competed with top GC riders on the toughest mountains. If it wasn't for him tanking a couple of stages last year he would have been near the podium. 4th in an ITT on a flat 33km too.

Depends on the treatment, some asthma drugs are used daily as a pre-emptive measure so you dont get attacks, others you only take when your having one.

We've been denied a fantastic battle between Froome and Contador which is a real shame. He looked like he was really feeling it from yesterday even before he crashed. Shame Nairo isn't here rather than than waster Valverde. Contadors to lose now.

When Wiggins won I still reckon he rode the race clean, whilst Froome was doped to the gills. The way Froome cracked every GC guy, including Wiggins was ridiculous.

As for this year. I'll go for Contador in yellow after the first couple of mountain stages.....he has Mick Rogers.

When Wiggins won I still reckon he rode the race clean, whilst Froome was doped to the gills. The way Froome cracked every GC guy, including Wiggins was ridiculous.

As for this year. I'll go for Contador in yellow after the first couple of mountain stages.....he has Mick Rogers.

If Froome was doping, so was Wiggins, absolutely no question.

People seem to be writing off Nibali a bit here. The guy has won two GT's and several other podium finishes. Guy is sheer class. I think Nibali can hold as far as Paris.

Edit: as mad as this may sound, there are other races in cycling which riders may choose to build there season around. Quintana was a superb winner of the Giro. Uran played his part as well.

Edited by Desert Nomad

I said when Wiggins won.

That's what I meant. If Froome is doping now, Wiggins was doping then. No question whatsoever.

Speeds in the peloton are down over recent years, most noticeably on the major climbs. Who's to say with any certainty though that doping isn't any less than it was?

If Froome was doping, so was Wiggins, absolutely no question.

Why though? Wiggins cracked every bit as much as the other GC contenders. It's not like Wiggins rode the legs off everyone. Come to think of it, did he even launch an attack that Tour? The performance from Froome was an absolute piss take. Hilarious stuff.

That's what I meant. If Froome is doping now, Wiggins was doping then. No question whatsoever.

Speeds in the peloton are down over recent years, most noticeably on the major climbs. Who's to say with any certainty though that doping isn't any less than it was?

No. My point is the year Wiggins won I reckon it's entirely possible he was clean and Froome was a doped up super domestique, just so there was no chance of Wiggins ever pissing hot.

As I meant above, in 2012 Wiggins struggled all the way round and barely attacked whilst Froome absolutely pished it all the way round.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Why though? Wiggins cracked every bit as much as the other GC contenders. It's not like Wiggins rode the legs off everyone. Come to think of it, did he even launch an attack that Tour? The performance from Froome was an absolute piss take. Hilarious stuff.

Because he was riding for Brailsford. You really think Froome would be on a programme within Sky while Wiggins wasn't? That's mental talk. Froome's arrogance(in attacking Wiggins) is a different issue to whether he was doping independently of his team leader.

Because he was riding for Brailsford. You really think Froome would be on a programme within Sky while Wiggins wasn't? That's mental talk. Froome's arrogance(in attacking Wiggins) is a different issue to whether he was doping independently of his team leader.

Yes. That's what I am saying. A doped to the gills Froome paces Wiggins all the way around, sealing a podium along the way. Wiggins was hardly dominant.

No. My point is the year Wiggins won I reckon it's entirely possible he was clean and Froome was a doped up super domestique, just so there was no chance of Wiggins ever pissing hot.

As I meant above, in 2012 Wiggins struggled all the way round and barely attacked whilst Froome absolutely pished it all the way round.

The same happened at the 2011 Vuelta.

Braislford and Sky would not have a guy doped to the gills independently of anybody else on the team. FWIW I think they probably both were. I also think Froome is the stronger rider.