Procycling thread

myshkin

Anybody see the Arctic Tour yesterday on Eurosport? Incredible scenery with reindeer running about, not a building in sight and a finish line on top of a cliff looking out into the Arctic ocean.

I saw the highlights the next day, stunning scenery and a bit of frost on the roads too!

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty spectacular crash by Quintana there in the Vuelta ITT. Contador heading for the leaders jersey as a result. Froome looks pretty laboured.

Yep, made a right dog's breakfast of that corner, ended up losing almost 3 &1/2 minutes to Contador who takes over the lead. Froome in 5th on the GC, 1.30ish down.

Froome struggling to hang on to the group on the final climb today.

Edit: Just seconds after I posted this he gets back in touch then hits the front on the steepest section, but Contador and Valverde overtake him.

Edited by peasy23

I thought Froome rode the climb at a constant pace, the yo-yo'ing was coming from the laed riders raising & dropping the pace.

Whilst he's clearly not in best of form, he's not far off it. Bertie flying just now, but can he last the three weeks

I thought Froome rode the climb at a constant pace, the yo-yo'ing was coming from the laed riders raising & dropping the pace.

Whilst he's clearly not in best of form, he's not far off it. Bertie flying just now, but can he last the three weeks

Froome rode the climb at his own pace yeah, he did the same at Alpe d'Huez when he won the Tour. We'll find out what his form is really like over the weekend, three summit finishes coming up, Covadonga and Farrapona are particularly hard.

I thought Froome was excellent in the past couple of stages, just not quite on Contadors level. At least he had a go unlike the two wheelsuckers, Valverde and Purito.

Yep, did well the last couple of days and it's just a pity he had an awful time trial last week as that's where he lost the vast majority of the time. Been very disappointed in Valverde tbh, as you say he's just sat there and did nothing for the most part.

Good stuff from Froome today, caught Valverde sleeping and nicked 2 seconds in a sprint. He's having a go on the last climb and has a gap, but Valverde is closing and dragging Contador with him.

Edit: Froome finishes 2nd, and picks up 12 seconds plus bonuses over Valverde and Contador to go 2nd overall.

Edited by peasy23

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tour de France 2015 route officially unveiled today. Only 14km individual time-trial is the big shock, and that comes on the very first stage in Utrecht. Cobbles on the menu again, as is the Huy finish in Belgium which hosts the Fleche Wallone classic every Spring. Several mountain top finishes including Alpe d`Huez on the penultimate stage.

Froome has already stated he might give it a miss, as the Giro suits him better.

Tour de France 2015 route officially unveiled today. Only 14km individual time-trial is the big shock, and that comes on the very first stage in Utrecht. Cobbles on the menu again, as is the Huy finish in Belgium which hosts the Fleche Wallone classic every Spring. Several mountain top finishes including Alpe d`Huez on the penultimate stage.

Froome has already stated he might give it a miss, as the Giro suits him better.

I'd have thought, like Wiggo, anywhere it didn't rain would suit him better?

Lack of ITT in France bothering him though. Quintana will be dancing at the thought of the route.

Seen a couple of journos saying that they thought it's very much slanted in favour of Quintana. Good to see them putting a potentially decisive stage right at the end though, sad to see the lack of a decent length time trial though.