Procycling thread

myshkin

• 2 weeks later...

Domencico Pozzivivo has a very heavy crash on a descent. Did NOT look good, with what appeared to be a large amount of blood coming from the head. On the 4th anniversary of Wouter Weylandt's death on the Giro.

Can only hope it's not serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Q8wMukifQ

Edited by kiddy

Domencico Pozzivivo has a very heavy crash on a descent. Did NOT look good, with what appeared to be a large amount of blood coming from the head. On the 4th anniversary of Wouter Weylandt's death on the Giro.

Can only hope it's not serious.

Just saying on Eurosport that the team are reporting that he is conscious and lucid, very nasty crash.

TV didn't cover it at the time, just the aftermath. Giro extra caught the crash, looks like he's hit a patch of fresh tar on a bend, lost the front wheel & face planted. I initially thought he'd ploughed into a rock face on the outside of the bend.

Edited by kiddy

Fantastic effort by David Formolo yesterday, a great days racing and why I love watching cycling.

Today hopefully will be as good with Uran needing to start claw back time and some attacks all the way up to the finish. Have a feeling the GC contenders will cancel each other out today.

Fantastic effort by David Formolo yesterday, a great days racing and why I love watching cycling.

That was a cracking stage. I love when a cyclist gets their first big win, the sheer joy when they finish and realise what they have achieved.

Formolo looks a real talent. With him and Aru Italy could have two genuine GC contenders in the Grand Tours for ten years.

Yesterday's stage was good too, with Contador and Aru attacking each other on the final climb and Porte the only other one who matched their attacks.

The sort of picture that spoiler tags are made for.

On the replay it looks like a bit of the barrier had moved and he caught it at full pelt, went down with one hell of a clatter. Turns out he collided with a spectator's camera lens, and suffered a fractured humerus. He seems to be in good spirits though (and doped to the eyeballs no doubt) with this Twitter message to the spectator. post-24957-14316493187636_thumb.jpg

Love the message. When I was watching it looking at him on the ground I couldn't work out what the f**k was going on with his arm for 5 seconds.

I see Contador dislocated his shoulder in the same incident and is unsure of starting today. I'm sure he will but Astana and Sky might try to make things hard for the next few stages to see how he is. Think today is flat though.

Love the message. When I was watching it looking at him on the ground I couldn't work out what the f**k was going on with his arm for 5 seconds.

I see Contador dislocated his shoulder in the same incident and is unsure of starting today. I'm sure he will but Astana and Sky might try to make things hard for the next few stages to see how he is. Think today is flat though.

I had an idea what he had done as I've seen someone else with the same injury, he must have broke the bone so close to his elbow that his arm hinged in a different place, absolutely hideous looking.

It's flat today as you say but it's the longest stage in the race, I can definitely see other teams having a go if Contador does start today.

AC's been found out overplaying injury over the past year, "broken leg" & now "dislocated shoulder". But Astana are starting to do my nut in. There's no way they can keep this up for three weeks. 3 in the top 5 & have AC + RP isolated every day? FRO!

Just found footage of the dick on the bike that caused the crash on stage 2. If you look closely, you'll see the culprit sneak back out, unhurt, & go round the back of the planter.

Edited by kiddy

Front wheel puncture for Porte today, dropping around 35 secs, with Orrica's Simon Carke gave him a front wheel, whilst Michael Mathews helped pace him.

*Edit to add, the UCI have docked him 2 mins & fined him 200 Swiss for taking the wheel. Favours are a regular feature in the peleton, just ask Robert Millar about the 85 Vuelta. Puts him back in 12th & finishes his chances.

Edited by kiddy

Mortirolo was a complete beast of a climb & Aru was found wanting. But the way Landa rode away from Bertie & Kruijswijk, Astana can FRO. He took off like he was powered by a Z750!