Procycling thread

myshkin

Fairly straightforward sprint victory for Griepel. Beats Degenkolb, Kristoff & Sagan.

GC unchanged.

Most excitement from Sagan's mech lobbing a bidon at a TV bike, after Sagan had a boot at them, for obstructing a wheel change.

Apparently Saxo DS Sean Yates thrown off tour over bidongate, as he's supposed to be in control of car occupants! Bizarre, as you'd have thought the mech would have been punted & Sagan fined for the kick.

Cippolini was kicked out of GentWevelgem for throwing a bidon at a moto outrider years ago.

Did anyone just see the piece ITV did on Jalabert's comments on Froome? :blink:

Jalabert's already questioned Froome's tour, along with Vasseur & Rasmussen, all of whom have previous & are doing media coverage. So I can imagine what he's saying, having yet to witness said interview.

Apparently Saxo DS Sean Yates thrown off tour over bidongate, as he's supposed to be in control of car occupants! Bizarre, as you'd have thought the mech would have been punted & Sagan fined for the kick.

Cippolini was kicked out of GentWevelgem for throwing a bidon at a moto outrider years ago.

Tom Steels through his bidon at Frédéric Moncassin during a final sprint in the Tour in 97, instantly removed from the race.

Jalabert's already questioned Froome's tour, along with Vasseur & Rasmussen, all of whom have previous & are doing media coverage. So I can imagine what he's saying, having yet to witness said interview.

I'm not talking about the comments, I'm talking about ITV championing Froome as a whiter than white rider who we have no reason to question. Fair enough Jalabert is dirty and won't admit it, but ITV where so far up Froome's arse it was worrying.

Why do they feel the need to attack Jalabert when all he did was say thing most people are thinking? It was like a scourned parent defending their kid for being a wee dick.

Nibali pulls back some time on the others, but the big highlight today was a huge crash for Thomas. Barguil made an arse of a corner on the descent and took Thomas out, who went careering right through the spectators and went flying arse over title into the ditch, narrowly missing a lamppost on the way. He managed to get back up and came in 40 seconds down on the other GC contenders.

Nibali pulls back some time on the others, but the big highlight today was a huge crash for Thomas. Barguil made an arse of a corner on the descent and took Thomas out, who went careering right through the spectators and went flying arse over title into the ditch, narrowly missing a lamppost on the way. He managed to get back up and came in 40 seconds down on the other GC contenders.

An absolutely horrible crash involving Geraint Thomas in Le Tour. How the hell he finished that stage is beyond me. If ANYONE wants to see the benefit behind wearing a helmet, when on a bike, then that was it. I thought he was lucky not to have been carted to hospital, if not still to be alive. https://vid.me/Zp3H

Watch the vid, TjVG gives Barguil a nudge just before they come into the corner.

Notable that both Ruben Plaza & Peter Sagan had problems at that corner.

Thomas only lost 40 secs!

Edited by kiddy

Today's stage finishes on the 2nd cat climb 'Pra Loup' after coming over the 1st category 'Col d'Allos' (2,250m) - which last featured in the Tour in 2000. 5.5% gradient over 14km.

Edit to add: The Col d'Allos is the highest point of the 2015 Tour at 2,250m (7,381ft) and the descent is apparently one of the most challenging of this years Tour.

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2015/us/stage-17.html

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/22/9011175/2015-tour-de-france-map-route-tv-coverage-stage-17

Edited by FlyerTon