Procycling thread

myshkin

Froome not interested in trying to win the Giro or Vuelta, intends to concentrate on the Tour for the next 5/6 years "if he can".

That his bike handling in the wet has been shown up again, would definately put him off Italy in May & he's already come up short a couple of times in Spain.

Whatever did happen to Juan Jose Cobo?

Into the last couple of laps, safe to say it's been a crap day for Etixx so far. Tony Martin abandoned, Kittel then has a mechanical and has to swap bikes, only for the new one to be fecked too and he ripped the wheel off and chucked it down the road. Used a fair bit of energy to catch up. Dan Martin now has a puncture so it's going to be tough for Kittel.

Another British win. :wub: 12, 13, 15, 16

_90501218_frome_reuters.jpg

I await all those who would not know a derailleur from a bottom bracket to fill the pages with their sagacious knowledge of how Team Sky could only beat Romain Bardet by 4 minutes using drugs. :rolleyes: The technical knowledge of bikes and physiology is always so... inventive. 

Froome was head and shoulders the best GT rider in that race. Won it with power to spare.

I hope he turns up at the Vuelta properly prepared and thrashes the Spaniards on home soil. That would be funny IMO :)

3 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Froome was head and shoulders the best GT rider in that race. Won it with power to spare.

I hope he turns up at the Vuelta properly prepared and thrashes the Spaniards on home soil. That would be funny IMO :)

Wants to win the ITT in Rio, don't think the Vuelta is on his radar, any time soon, given his comments this morning.

Another British win. :wub: 12, 13, 15, 16

_90501218_frome_reuters.jpg

I await all those who would not know a derailleur from a bottom bracket to fill the pages with their sagacious knowledge of how Team Sky could only beat Romain Bardet by 4 minutes using drugs. :rolleyes: The technical knowledge of bikes and physiology is always so... inventive. 

Anyone else want to field this one? Might just bookmark it, although that's playing a very long game

IMG_1469392628.085944.thumb.jpg.bee25813

Just for fun, but how many of the top 10 do you think are clean? Obviously we can't know for sure either way!!

PS - by clean I mean not having used blood bags, EPO or anabolic steroids during or in their preparation for the tour.

You have to wonder. He was smirking last year when he was saying his samples won't ever test positive. The front on the guy is unreal. Or he's clean [emoji15]

If he's clean, he is the greatest cyclist who ever lived. Without question

10 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

If he's clean, he is the greatest cyclist who ever lived. Without question

He is not even the greatest British cyclist, that is Beryl Burton. 

Use google, then pretend you know who I am talking about. 

IMO - Quintana rode the tour clean.  As did Bardet, Martin and Meintjes.  

ETA   -   And Yates too.

I would suggest that if Froome was doping and all those guys were clean, then he would have won by a lot more than 4 minutes.