Procycling thread

myshkin

Any update on the lad who was carted off in an ambulance earlier following a nasty crash?

I think he was Dutch.

Brajkovic suffered concussion, has a broken collarbone and has 7 stitches on his forehead

Be interesting to see how Wiggins fairs in the mountains since lossing all that weight. Wide open for anyone to have a go at the moment!

He was superb in the Dauphine defending the leaders jersey in the Alps with aplomb. The Tour is a step up again though. Sanchez looks in decent form to me, but has already lost more time than Contador.

Top Ten Finish: Lot's of value in this market. I've backed Levi Leiphemer at Evens (looks nailed on) and John Gadret at 12/1 (Nick Roche won't like it but Gadret and Peraud are better riders than him and I think will emerge as AG2R's top two).

Inspired bit of tipping from my good self. The only constant so far in the race is seeing Gadret tailed off!. Dreading the final two weeks watching him pace the hopeless Nicky Roche up the climbs.

I can't stand Cavendish, he's like the Lewis Hamilton of cycling.

That's a bit harsh. He's an absolute star. The most under appreciated sportsman in the country.

Be interesting to see how Wiggins fairs in the mountains since lossing all that weight. Wide open for anyone to have a go at the moment!

He will stay in the wheel until the climbers start attacking. Then he will be dropped. See also: Cadel Evans.

He was superb in the Dauphine defending the leaders jersey in the Alps with aplomb. The Tour is a step up again though. Sanchez looks in decent form to me, but has already lost more time than Contador.

Nobody attacked Wiggins in the Dauphine. That won't be the case here.

I can see Sanchez and Contador forming an alliance as the road goes upwards. Contador is a big one for handing out favours to his countrymen. Time to call them in. Likewise Basso and Cunego who have also lost time. By the time they get to the Pyrenees Evans should be in yellow so it will be very interesting to see how he defends against this sort of alliance, and of course Frank and Andy.

Inspired bit of tipping from my good self. The only constant so far in the race is seeing Gadret tailed off!. Dreading the final two weeks watching him pace the hopeless Nicky Roche up the climbs.

Gadret explains

Not often you hear a Frenchman saying he prefers the Giro to the Tour. Gadret 4th at the Giro, & Dupont 12th at the Giro, both complaining of exhaustion. Other top 20 Giro finishers have already lost major time in the Tour; David Arroyo(14:15), Tiralongo(25:42). Only Kreuziger(2:29) and Contador(1:42) are still in contact with the leaders. Contadors major rivals should be taking note. Some may say that David Millar looks fresh after completing the Giro, but he rolled around Italy in comparison, finishing way back in 100th place, over 3 hours behind Contador. I think this Tour is about to get very interesting.

He will stay in the wheel until the climbers start attacking. Then he will be dropped. See also: Cadel Evans.

Nobody attacked Wiggins in the Dauphine. That won't be the case here.

bmc soignuer caught with 195 doses of epo a couple of weeks ago

both OPL and BMC have noticably stepped it up this season. i have a sneaky feeling cadel will climb better than we have ever seen before over the next few weeks.

joaquin rodriguez attacked and won the big mountain stages easily in the dauphine but his TT is pathetic. he was the only big rider at the dauphine who is not at the tour so he must have been a bit more, em, focused on it.

Only Kreuziger(2:29) and Contador(1:42) are still in contact with the leaders. Contadors major rivals should be taking note. Some may say that David Millar looks fresh after completing the Giro, but he rolled around Italy in comparison, finishing way back in 100th place, over 3 hours behind Contador. I think this Tour is about to get very interesting.

an astana rider and an ex astana rider. quelle suprise.

Gadret explains

Not often you hear a Frenchman saying he prefers the Giro to the Tour. Gadret 4th at the Giro, & Dupont 12th at the Giro, both complaining of exhaustion. Other top 20 Giro finishers have already lost major time in the Tour; David Arroyo(14:15), Tiralongo(25:42). Only Kreuziger(2:29) and Contador(1:42) are still in contact with the leaders. Contadors major rivals should be taking note. Some may say that David Millar looks fresh after completing the Giro, but he rolled around Italy in comparison, finishing way back in 100th place, over 3 hours behind Contador. I think this Tour is about to get very interesting.

Yes a very frank interview. Pity he didn't give it before the race started. Hopefully he finds his legs from Saturday onwards but more likely out the race by the end of the Pyrenees.

Still think Contador can do it. Pantani did it and he was a full blown cocaine addict at the time so it's still a possibilty.

bmc soignuer caught with 195 doses of epo a couple of weeks ago

both OPL and BMC have noticably stepped it up this season. i have a sneaky feeling cadel will climb better than we have ever seen before over the next few weeks.

joaquin rodriguez attacked and won the big mountain stages easily in the dauphine but his TT is pathetic. he was the only big rider at the dauphine who is not at the tour so he must have been a bit more, em, focused on it.

an astana rider and an ex astana rider. quelle suprise.

I think your going to be proved right. I'm sure big George's 'experience' of being in the postals will help as well.

On Rodriguez - He can attack all he likes, the GC contenders in any race know they will take it all back in the time trials. Great rider but the only big race he will win is one that's exclusively in the mountains.

Just shows you what can happen in 24 hours, yesterday Sky were on cloud nine after getting their 1st ever Tour stage win, now they have lost their leader. Hope Thomas can test himself in the mountains a little now, without having any pressure of looking out for Wiggins.

Edit: Cav easily took that intermediate sprint, will be very surprised if he doesn`t take the win today.

Edited by Desert Nomad

Leopard Trek hammering on at the front after the crash, exactly the same guys who were whining about teams going to do it to them last year when A. Schleck was caught behind a crash & managed to get Cancellara to neutralise the stage, poor form.

Edited by Desert Nomad

Leopard Trek hammering on at the front after the crash, exactly the same guys who were whining about teams going to do it to them last year when A. Schleck was caught behind a crash & managed to get Cancellara to neutralise the stage, poor form.

Not really they complained and were told to suck it basically, so why would they feel sympathy today?