Procycling thread

myshkin

Well done Hushovd for sticking with the main contenders and staying in yellow. What happened to Vinokourov in the last stretch? He must completely collapsed as he looked like getting the win and yellow with 1km to go.

He completely died and attacks from Gilbert, Cunego and Evans wiped him away. f**k the wee c**t I say, away and retire disgracefully without ever wearing yellow.

That sums it up for me. The race isn't waiting for anyone. There are a huge number of c***s in cycling these days. Too often it's about who can gain the biggest unfair advantage rather than who's the best.

And I think the average stage is about 110 miles.

I'm sorry but it is a race. You're fighting against everyone else to win and there is so many crashes you can't expect the peleton to just stop when lots of people crash, it woud just be silly.

On a side note, i think people should just get banned for life for doping. that would stamp it out. They obviously dont love the sport, so why should they be aloud to continue after like 2 years.

See, that's the kind of thing you don't get reminded of when you watch the highlights on ITV4 with Liggett and Sherwin. They really are shit at their job and if it wasn't for Boardman's run in ananlysis it wouldn't be worth watching at all.

Roll on a next Friday when I can watch all day evertday until the end, with people who know what they are talking about on Eurosport.

thoroughly agree;its great itv4 are showing stages live but their commentry is woeful,as is their jingoistic bias.eurosport is infinately superior

The commentary on ITV4 is shocking. I don't really have time to watch live stages, and the I think the Eurosport highlights is like 1 and a half/2 hours. ITV4 suits me, just sitting down to catch an hour of the best bits, but aye they are shite.

Somebody tried to attack off the front of the peloton yesterday, I forget who, and they were saying "There goes Jurgen Van Den Broeck". Up comes the guy who tried to make a moves name on the screen, then for a further 5 minutes they continued to rant and rave about Van Den Broeck, his seasons stats and how much of a contender he is before finally saying "Oh wait no it's not him, it's someone else from Omega Pharma Lotto, they have numbers to tell them apart FFS.

Anyway, as much as I like a good sprint finish, I cannot wait for the high mountains to we get a look at how the real contenders are going to play this out. Will Schleck/Evans attack or will they simply sit on Contadors wheel and just react to moves from him. To be honst, I don't see Evans keeping up, he will blow up at some point.

Also, anyone else fancy Franck over Andy. Franck has looked to be going easy since the start and by Andys own admission he is in decent form. It would be sperb if AndyAC/Evans were all concentrating on each other so much that Franck pulled a fly one.

The commentary on ITV4 is shocking. I don't really have time to watch live stages, and the I think the Eurosport highlights is like 1 and a half/2 hours. ITV4 suits me, just sitting down to catch an hour of the best bits, but aye they are shite.

Somebody tried to attack off the front of the peloton yesterday, I forget who, and they were saying "There goes Jurgen Van Den Broeck". Up comes the guy who tried to make a moves name on the screen, then for a further 5 minutes they continued to rant and rave about Van Den Broeck, his seasons stats and how much of a contender he is before finally saying "Oh wait no it's not him, it's someone else from Omega Pharma Lotto, they have numbers to tell them apart FFS.

Anyway, as much as I like a good sprint finish, I cannot wait for the high mountains to we get a look at how the real contenders are going to play this out. Will Schleck/Evans attack or will they simply sit on Contadors wheel and just react to moves from him. To be honst, I don't see Evans keeping up, he will blow up at some point.

Also, anyone else fancy Franck over Andy. Franck has looked to be going easy since the start and by Andys own admission he is in decent form. It would be sperb if AndyAC/Evans were all concentrating on each other so much that Franck pulled a fly one.

Yes and yes.

P & P are fucking awful. Especially Liggett, on Talksport this morning & the idiot presenter was wowed with his knowledge! He gets things wrong constantly, and is an apologist for drugs within the sport.

Frank is looking better than Andy no doubt, hope Leopard play this card at Luz Ardiden.

Yes and yes.

P & P are fucking awful. Especially Liggett, on Talksport this morning & the idiot presenter was wowed with his knowledge! He gets things wrong constantly, and is an apologist for drugs within the sport.

Frank is looking better than Andy no doubt, hope Leopard play this card at Luz Ardiden.

I'd love to see both Schlecks and AC break away by themselves on the way to Lz Ardiden, now that would be an interesting watch.

I'd love to see both Schlecks and AC break away by themselves on the way to Lz Ardiden, now that would be an interesting watch.

Get the feeling there are quite a few others at a similar level to AC so not sure it'll happen. Luz Ardiden is a difficult climb, so we will def see who is on form.

Edited by Desert Nomad