Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Guest Caleyking

I was a brilliant new band called The Wallbirds in the Market Bar back home on Sunday night.

Bought their cd too. 5 Tunes, 2 of them cracking.

I've been to 2 gigs on the first 2 days of Triptych. Do I get a coconut?

Anyway, Cat Power at the Ferry on Tuesday. Great to finally see her but she wasn't in the greatest of moods and was predictably loopy, stopping in the middle of songs or changing the words to 'I caaaaaan't concentrate tooooonight'. At one point she was doing a song on the piano and abruptly stopped to say 'I'm having real problems, I've got an ear infection, I can't hear the piano properly'. She then said 'Maybe you can hear what I'm talking about' and then put her ear to the microphone. Bonkers! She played for nearly 2 hours and, although I know quite a lot of her material, only recognised about 5 songs.

CSS at the Barrowlands last night was just amazing. The best gig I've been to for a long time. It was electric from start to finish and the place was buzzing afterwards. Lovefoxx has to be one of the best frontpersons around. I love that band!

Tonight at Triptych I am going to see Kode9 & The Spaceape, The Cinematic Orchestra, Various Productions, Moodyman and Gilles Peterson. Presumably not all at once.

Tomorrow I'm going to see Digital Mystikz and Loefah at the Classic Grand which will be fucking brilliant.

A band called Spektrum are playing as part of Tryptich, and I saw them last night. Don't bother.

They're like nothing else I've heard, and you can't really compare them to anyone else, which is a good thing because I think that would be unfair on anyone else.

Saw The Little Kicks too. Mmmmmmmm. :wub:

A band called Spektrum are playing as part of Tryptich, and I saw them last night. Don't bother.

They're like nothing else I've heard, and you can't really compare them to anyone else, which is a good thing because I think that would be unfair on anyone else.

They're playing at the night I'm going to tomorrow, but I think they'll be in the other room.

Went to see the Endrick Brothers at Hughenden last Friday night. Unusual venue but fantastic gig. Scotland's answer to the Jayhawks. B)

Next up for me is Maximo Park a week tomorrow, then the NME New Music tour on May 22 and then the Hazey Janes on May 25. :)

Kasabian and Reel Big Fish at the Ironworks and Rockness are on my list at the moment. B)

Rockness is also on my list :D Have you bought your tickets yet? I went for the weekend camping tickets. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Klaxons Matinee Show

Carling Academy

They were suprisingly very good I didn't think they'd be able to hold the high notes but they did it very well. Doors opened at 3pm and there was no support band so they didn't come on till 4:30pm and they only played for 45minutes so for time it was poor value for money but for quality of the gig I definetly got my moneys worth.