Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I don't know if you've heard any of their stuff post-Word Gets Around, but it's really, really shit.

They did two songs on Later With Jools just now. Nothing to write home about TBH. Check it out on BBC iPlayer - it's worth it for the two song set by the Unthanks and their sexy Geordie clog dancing! ;)

Going to see Biffy at Newcastle on Weds night. Didn't take in any shows on Puzzle tour due to that album being gash. Hope new stuff is better.

If you didn't like Puzzle you'll hate the new album. Apparently, and they've stated this, they are moving towards a more poppy style.

All the dates I can find for it online have it as Wednesday 9th December, rather than 9th November as a week on Monday would be?

That's very probable as I'm all over the place with dates and stuff at the moment. I'm away to get a ticket this afternoon so I'll find out exactly when it is then. I have Lily Allen later in November and the Quo in December with the ex seeing Madness the same night. Alestorm is somewhere in between! :rolleyes:

If you didn't like Puzzle you'll hate the new album. Apparently, and they've stated this, they are moving towards a more poppy style.

HOW DARE THEY THINK ABOUT TRYING TO MAKE SOME MONEY AND DOING WHAT THEY ACTUALLY WANT TO DO RATHER THAN LISTEN TO BACKWARDS FANS WHO WANT "THE KIDS WHO POP TODAY..." ALL OVER AGAIN. SCUM.

I'm just getting that out of the way. Anyway, a lassie that reviewed us has offered our singer a ticket to go see Biffy on Sunday.. I don't know if he's doing, but I'm certainly going to try and work my way into this one.

My next gig is a week tomorrow. Hundred Reasons at Tuts. :D

"And I'll never falter now we're evennnnnnnnnnnnnnn"

Watched idlewild last night, amazing. They even played some songs off the Captain EP! A good mix of idlewild from the past 10 years. The current album I had not been keen on but after last nights performance it instantly grew on me.

No idea how many times I have seen idlewild live but last night was amongst one of the best idlewild performances I have seen, which I never thought I would say again as they have mellowed far to much over the years. Icing on the cake was them playing Idea Track, my all time favourite song!

Was looking to watch them in Aberdeen on 6th of November and watch Aberdeen at home on the saturday but the gig has sold out :(

Less than a week to go, it's going to be brilliant :D Will be my fourth time seeing them; chuffed they're playing a smaller venue than the Music Hall.

Don't think I've heard Idea Track live before, and they're pretty good when it comes to playing some of their older stuff to keep everyone happy - hoping for both again on Friday night.

Golden Rule seemed old Biffy Style on Later...

HOW DARE THEY THINK ABOUT TRYING TO MAKE SOME MONEY AND DOING WHAT THEY ACTUALLY WANT TO DO RATHER THAN LISTEN TO BACKWARDS FANS WHO WANT "THE KIDS WHO POP TODAY..." ALL OVER AGAIN. SCUM.

It's not that at all. I have no problem with them doing what they want but if I don't like it I don't buy it. As the tour is out before the record I thought I'd give new songs a chance in live environment. It is not that I don't like poppy Biffy stuff - I got into them after hearing Questions and Answers - not exactly their most leftfield moment.

The likes of Folding Stars, Machines and Now I'm Everyone just not my kind of music. Simon is into loads of bands that I grew up with like Mineral, Sense Field and Sunny Day Real Estate so I have total respect for him.

New stuff sounds better so far having heard Golden Rule, Captain and Bubbles.

After Infinity Land (probably one of my top 5 favourite records) - Puzzle was just a huge let down for me personally.

Still looking forwad to the gig tremendously though

It's not that at all. I have no problem with them doing what they want but if I don't like it I don't buy it. As the tour is out before the record I thought I'd give new songs a chance in live environment. It is not that I don't like poppy Biffy stuff - I got into them after hearing Questions and Answers - not exactly their most leftfield moment.

The likes of Folding Stars, Machines and Now I'm Everyone just not my kind of music. Simon is into loads of bands that I grew up with like Mineral, Sense Field and Sunny Day Real Estate so I have total respect for him.

New stuff sounds better so far having heard Golden Rule, Captain and Bubbles.

After Infinity Land (probably one of my top 5 favourite records) - Puzzle was just a huge let down for me personally.

Still looking forwad to the gig tremendously though

Just so you know, my earlier post wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at those idiots out there (and they do exist) that think like that.

See, I like watching bands grow and develop. At some point they realise they have the potential to make some money, so they capitalise on it, maybe for 2 albums, then they'll go "back to their roots". Usually this happens about 5 or 6 albums in. Is that the midlife crisis point for bands or something?

I had no idea what to expect when I heard Puzzle was coated with poppy goodness, but the one thing I liked about the album was that while it was far more accessible than anything else they had done, it was still Biffy. They still kept things a little bit awkward, which I like. It's quite difficult to make an awkward pop song, but they manage to do it pretty well.