Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Busted are playing next year. Think I'll get in on that!

Really want to go to this but I can't afford £45-50 for a ticket just now so looks as if I'll have to give it a miss. Saw McBusted on their first tour a couple of years ago and it was an excellent show.

People pay £40-50 to see Busted?

Each to their own and all that but that's just plain mental!!

I initially baulked at the £35-50 tickets to see one of the best rock vocalists ever Chris Cornell (I saw him a few years back at the Academy and it was half the price) but Busted?? BUSTED???

Really want to go to this but I can't afford £45-50 for a ticket just now so looks as if I'll have to give it a miss. Saw McBusted on their first tour a couple of years ago and it was an excellent show.

Seen them on that tour as well. Hit after hit. Great show.

You pay that to see big acts.

I know that, so why Busted? :P

Sorry can't help being a bit of music snob here, we all have guilty pleasures but BUSTED??? :lol:

I hope it's a childhood affection thing, I am far too old to have any interest in Smash Hits golden boys Busted.

Me and my mate will be the 2 baldies head bopping away tomorrow night.

Once upon a time I would've been thrashing my hair!

What makes Busted any worse than many other so called guilty pleasure? Can't say I feel any guilt over liking them or anyone else.

Peoples perceptions obviously vary but I'd put Busted in the same category as 5 Seconds of Summer, Justin Bieber or 1D.

They are marketing tools created to sell music mainly to young girls, it's not for me.

Nothing wrong with that IMO, even if I find Bieber completely unlistenable, despite the radio trying to tell me how much better his new stuff is.

Whether they're marketing tools or not is of no concern to me. Just give me songs I enjoy listening to and I'll be happy enough.

This is the one of the most bang-on things I've read this year.

I'm clearly far too shallow for that. :lol:

Some of the stuff my daughter sticks on make my ears bleed and she knows every word, I try my best to broaden her horizons (although she is only 6 just now). There's definitely an element of brainwashing when it comes mainstream music which is why I never listen to the radio any more, I used to find myself singing along to songs I really disliked..

I don't enjoy listening to music without 'soul', I prefer the performer to have written the music and not a team of millionaire faceless writers.

Got Kurt Vile this coming Monday and Maximo Park a week on Friday, both of which I'd rather excited for. Going to Fanny By Gaslight to see Thee Rag 'N' Bone Man tonight, I don't know how he finds the stamina to do the full drumkit stuff with one leg and do his mad guitar & vocals stuff too, but it's positively infectious.

EODM were great fun as always, third time seeing then this year and they've been three of my most enjoy shows of the year. They'll probably never win many awards for their music but it sure does make for a great show. Jesse is a brilliant front man. Can you dig that? Amen.

Gutted that Sergeant are just doing a one off gig. Would love if they got back together properly.

Aye it would be smashing if they done a proper comeback although I'm sure Nick is staying in London now so it's unlikely. He does however play a decent amount of solo gigs up this way which are worth heading to if you can, and he plays a few of the Sergeant songs too!

Aye it would be smashing if they done a proper comeback although I'm sure Nick is staying in London now so it's unlikely. He does however play a decent amount of solo gigs up this way which are worth heading to if you can, and he plays a few of the Sergeant songs too!

Aye, he seems settled down there. I went to one of his solo gigs last year. It was alright but I found myself just wanting to hear Sergeant songs.

Saw them a few times before they split up and always enjoyed their gigs.