Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Numbers was brilliant. Rare to see it going off almost as soon as the doors were open but it helped that Jackmaster opened the night. Redinho's Chromeo-esque style was a cool break from the DJs and set up Hudson Mohawke who played a short but pummelling trap/ hip hop set. Jackmaster closing with Pet Shop Boys was an excellent end to the night as well. Well worth the tenner I paid for the ticket!

Did Hud Mo play his "Ooops" remix? That tune is utterly mind blowing.

Unfortunately not. His set was only 50 minutes long and focused on his TNGHT and Kanye West productions. He did drop this obnoxious Boys Noize banger though before playing Blood on the Leaves for 9 minutes with the Nina Simone version of Strange Fruit as an intro.

I you like two birds that are shite at singing, playing the guitar and the drums and some speccy boy and a bird hissing into a microphone, followed up by a really badly mixed Twilight Sad then I'd imagine it would be a riot.

I've seen The Sad in the Liquid Rooms twice and both times the only thing you could hear was the bass guitar.

Edited by JamboMikey

I you like two birds that are shite at singing, playing the guitar and the drums and some speccy boy and a bird hissing into a microphone, followed up by a really badly mixed Twilight Sad then I'd imagine it would be a riot.

I've seen The Sad in the Liquid Rooms twice and both times the only thing you could hear was the bass guitar.

I'm not really familiar with the band, but I'm assuming this person has only been to one gig in their life.

Black Sabbath tonight. If I'm honest I cant really be bothered going to this gig. I'm still tender from my work's doo on Friday (thats right) and just cant be bothered going :wacko:

Edited by 11thHour

I downloaded their albums literally a few days after that gig at the Academy, was so gutted to have missed them. I was then looking forward to seeing them at Reading this year - and then they pulled out. Hoping it's third time lucky!

Interesting to see if they'll just be playing a mix of their albums or if they'll go for 2 albums a night like they've done on their last few gigs in the US.

Edited by sonsism