Final Fantasy VII Remake

Gaz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I started playing through this again at the start of the year.

It really is an absolute masterpiece. Everything the OG was and much, much more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/01/2023 at 18:10, Busta Nut said:

I'll need to restart this, never finished part 1, was part 2 ever released?

Not yet, no. There is a small Yuffie-centric DLC only available on the PS5.

• 1 year later...

Surprised there wasn’t any chat on Rebirth. Just finished playing it now, an absolutely fantastic game. Combat seemed an improvement on remake and the character development and main story were excellent. There are A LOT of side quests, but they never get too boring or imposing and the relationship building adds to the game. Queen’s Blood is also a great mini game, like triple triad from FF8. Massive game, but really, really enjoyed it.

21 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Surprised there wasn’t any chat on Rebirth. Just finished playing it now, an absolutely fantastic game. Combat seemed an improvement on remake and the character development and main story were excellent. There are A LOT of side quests, but they never get too boring or imposing and the relationship building adds to the game. Queen’s Blood is also a great mini game, like triple triad from FF8. Massive game, but really, really enjoyed it.

Just make sure you resist the urge to ever platinum the game, as the brutal combat challenges are exactly what they say on the tin. I'm close to doing so with just two chapters remaining of my hard mode run; I've enjoyed the combat even more second time around, as a result of many boss fights proving much trickier and requiring you to approach them more deliberately.

The game blew me away to be honest and it's one of those things I really wish I could experience again for the first time. The music is the best bit for me, but all-round it is just a feat of game design. A lot of stuff that just kind of existed in the original has been expanded on superbly, and the whole journey does a good job of subverting your expectations.

I can understand why the ending has split opinion, but the proof will be in wherever they go with part 3. Given how much there is still left to cover, it scares me to think how big that game will be.