Gambling forum quick questions thread

I have 6 selections. I have backed 6*5 folds and 1* 6 folds for £7 total stake. One selection is postponed. Can anyone tell me what bets I have running please. Is all £7 on a single 5 fold?

No the game is removed from the coupoun and everything drops down a level so you know have 1 * 5 fold and 5 fourfolds each with a stake of £1.17

That's not quite right. The postponed game is treated as a non-runner, so you effectively have 5 x £1 fourfolds and a £2 fivefold.

I joined Betfair last night, and it confuses me.

I put £25 on Middlesbrough to win last night at 2.06.

At half time today I layed them at 2.12. £15 on.

Bearing in mind they refund my first losing bet (the £25 on Boro in this case), why is it showing that I have a loss for today?

Edited by Father Jack

I joined Betfair last night, and it confuses me.

I put £25 on Middlesbrough to win last night at 2.06.

At half time today I layed them at 2.12. £15 on.

Bearing in mind they refund my first losing bet (the £25 on Boro in this case), why is it showing that I have a loss for today?

The refund will probably be manually processed later.

Without any offers those bets would return a loss of £11.61 (on the basis you laid a £15 liability with a potential profit of £13.39, as opposed to laying £16.80 liability with a profit of £15).

If your £25 is refunded then you should be showing a profit of £13.39 (or £15), before commission.

If it's easier to understand, I deposited £50 last night, my only bets have been Middlesbrough and the lay, and it's now at £40, meaning a £10 loss. Fair enough if the £25 back offer doesn't go in till later but I was just slightly confused. Cheers.

If it's easier to understand, I deposited £50 last night, my only bets have been Middlesbrough and the lay, and it's now at £40, meaning a £10 loss. Fair enough if the £25 back offer doesn't go in till later but I was just slightly confused. Cheers.

Start = £50

Lose £25 = £25

Win £15 = £40

Any offer relating to initial bets will be settled later.

Worthwhile checking the smallprint to see if there is any disclaimer regarding your second bet being on the same market as the first bet. Otherwise you'd get people backing and laying the same outcome and getting the bonus for nothing.

Start = £50

Lose £25 = £25

Win £15 = £40

Any offer relating to initial bets will be settled later.

Worthwhile checking the smallprint to see if there is any disclaimer regarding your second bet being on the same market as the first bet. Otherwise you'd get people backing and laying the same outcome and getting the bonus for nothing.

There isnt with betfair. Which is always worth noting for things like the mega minute where you need to stake £20 to be involved you can then lay that £20 and still be involved

Could someone please try logging onto Ladbrokes and tell me if they are having difficulties with the main page loading. Spent 25 minutes trying to get a bet on before giving up and doing it on my phone.

If you stick a free bet(five pounds in this case) on and it wins, do you only get the profit back, not including the five pounds free bet?

Depends on the smallprint. Check with whoever gave you the bet.

What's the best site to use for online poker? I'm a newbie to it and using Ladbrokes Instant Play but find it runs too fast, you hardly get 2 seconds to think and only about 1 second to see what your opponent had.

What's the best site to use for online poker? I'm a newbie to it and using Ladbrokes Instant Play but find it runs too fast, you hardly get 2 seconds to think and only about 1 second to see what your opponent had.

I always used to use William Hill, but I can't log in anymore as my username has a _ in it and they don't like them anymore.

Don't use any site where the playing currency isn't £, as you may get stung by exchange rates, like I did recently with 888.com having a rate of 1.50 for deposits and 1.61 for withdrawls on the same day.

I always used to use William Hill, but I can't log in anymore as my username has a _ in it and they don't like them anymore.

Don't use any site where the playing currency isn't £, as you may get stung by exchange rates, like I did recently with 888.com having a rate of 1.50 for deposits and 1.61 for withdrawls on the same day.

Yeah I read your story, dirty b*****ds. Willie Hills it is then as Ladbrokes is doing my nut in, and it's not that enjoyable playing there. (Although I took great delight last night on slowly drawing in a guy with a £12 pot sitting at a £2 max buy in table, bullying all the hands because he had the cash to do so, and taking it all off him in about 3 hands :D)

Now don't laugh folks, last night i got a winner £16 back, took it out with me today and stupidly went and lost it, the betting slip, now it was on the same slip as for tonights game Arsenal/Ipswich, i went into the bookies, the young lady said she could not pay me my winnings, as the other game had not taken place yet, in other words she new it had won, does anybody know what happens when you lose a winning slip.:angry:

Now don't laugh folks, last night i got a winner £16 back, took it out with me today and stupidly went and lost it, the betting slip, now it was on the same slip as for tonights game Arsenal/Ipswich, i went into the bookies, the young lady said she could not pay me my winnings, as the other game had not taken place yet, in other words she new it had won, does anybody know what happens when you lose a winning slip.:angry:

If you know the time and the bets you should be able to claim it back from the shop u put it on at as they can trace the bets