Gambling forum quick questions thread

Another one. On my betting slip it says "If all selections are correct you will win 63.00 plus any bonuses(subject to William Hill maximum payout rules)" Does that 63 pounds include the tenner stake? Are the odds 6.3/1 or 5.3/1?

No if you will win it means it doesnt have stake, if it says returns it is likely this does include stake

No if you will win it means it doesnt have stake, if it says returns it is likely this does include stake

I wouldn't be sure about that. Although I agree with the sentiment, in terms of marketing, bookies will tell you you are winning £63 when in fact you are winning £53 plus your £10 stake.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've never been to the bookies before, but I'm tempted to do accumulator betting.

How does it work? I know you can place a bet on a certain amount of teams (lets say, five). Say there was a 4/1, 5/1, 6/1, 8/1 and 12/1 that I had put down, would that mean I'd need to spend £1 or £5, and would I win £35 plus stake if all my picked teams won, or more or less?

Secondly, how do you put down your teams? Do you just ask the person or do you fill out anything?

Hey guys, I've never been to the bookies before, but I'm tempted to do accumulator betting.

How does it work? I know you can place a bet on a certain amount of teams (lets say, five). Say there was a 4/1, 5/1, 6/1, 8/1 and 12/1 that I had put down, would that mean I'd need to spend £1 or £5, and would I win £35 plus stake if all my picked teams won, or more or less?

Secondly, how do you put down your teams? Do you just ask the person or do you fill out anything?

Certainly sounds like you haven't had a bet.

You can pick any number of teams that you want, although betting on singles, one team, is probably the more profitable way to go.

You can stake any amount you wish on your selections, unless you are a high roller and then the places where you can bet, be it in shops, online, etc. will diminish.

In your example you have given there, for a £1 stake on a five fold, if all five teams had won, you would have won a shade over £24.5k.

There is a pinned topic on the front page of this forum regarding Betting Tips & Advice IIRC, 'P&B Gambling University', may be worth a read.

Edited by VillaKnollBoy

Certainly sounds like you haven't had a bet.

You can pick any number of teams that you want, although betting on singles, one team, is probably the more profitable way to go.

You can stake any amount you wish on your selections, unless you are a high roller and then the places where you can bet, be it in shops, online, etc. will diminish.

In your example you have given there, for a £1 stake on a five fold, if all five teams had won, you would have won a shade over £24.5k.

There is a pinned topic on the front page of this forum regarding Betting Tips & Advice IIRC, 'P&B Gambling University', may be worth a read.

Alright, thank you. One more thing, is there a difference between putting five teams on an accumulator or five teams on a five fold?

Could be a completely fucking daft question here but f**k it.

See if I was to create a William Hill account (I'm under eighteen) and provide a date of birth saying I'm over eighteen, is there any way of them discovering I've provided a false date of birth?

Some bookies ask for a copy of ur id before they will let you cash out, i dont know if Hill's is one of them?

Could be a completely fucking daft question here but f**k it.

See if I was to create a William Hill account (I'm under eighteen) and provide a date of birth saying I'm over eighteen, is there any way of them discovering I've provided a false date of birth?

If you use a debit card that is available to under 18s then they will ask you for ID.

Edit; they aren't stupid, and are regulated, so they will be pretty tight on things like that.

Edited by mid-table

Reading some peoples bets, I notice that they seem to get much higher winnings than myself. Am I doing something wrong when I could do the same thing and win more, or is it just the sh*te odds?

For instance, I placed two five-team accumulators today (£1 on each):

Dunfermline (4/7)

Falkirk (10/11)

Livingston (2/5)

Peterhead (4/5)

Arbroath (8/11)

Win is £8.96.

And:

Manchester United (1/3)

Cardiff (8/15)

QPR (8/13)

Peterborough (8/11)

Shrewsbury (4/7)

Win is £13.06.

Is it just the odds, or could I be filling in something similar and getting a bigger profit? Some people seem to be putting on similar teams with much bigger cash pots. The bookie is William Hill.

Reading some peoples bets, I notice that they seem to get much higher winnings than myself. Am I doing something wrong when I could do the same thing and win more, or is it just the sh*te odds?

For instance, I placed two five-team accumulators today (£1 on each):

Dunfermline (4/7)

Falkirk (10/11)

Livingston (2/5)

Peterhead (4/5)

Arbroath (8/11)

Win is £8.96.

And:

Manchester United (1/3)

Cardiff (8/15)

QPR (8/13)

Peterborough (8/11)

Shrewsbury (4/7)

Win is £13.06.

Is it just the odds, or could I be filling in something similar and getting a bigger profit? Some people seem to be putting on similar teams with much bigger cash pots. The bookie is William Hill.

Shop around,as different bookies have different odds,that will be the difference

Are you betting in-store? If so, you'll almost always get worse odds than you would if you had an online account. Like doulikefish said, if you have a shop around, you'll find the best price. Best site for this is oddschecker.

Are you betting in-store? If so, you'll almost always get worse odds than you would if you had an online account. Like doulikefish said, if you have a shop around, you'll find the best price. Best site for this is oddschecker.

Thanks Adam, I'll check that site out.

I bet in-store, never really trusted online sources with money, even if it's a "safe" site.

Thanks Adam, I'll check that site out.

I bet in-store, never really trusted online sources with money, even if it's a "safe" site.

If you don't trust websites with your details (it's a pretty safe game these days though mate) you can open a Will Hills account and actually put money in the account in-store.