Gambling forum quick questions thread

Is there such a bet that you can put "Rangers or Celtic to win the SPL" and if either come up then you get the money, obviously with that scenario the odds wouldn't be worth it but if you were to couple that with a bunch of bets then it might be worthwhile.

I apologize if it's insanely obvious but I'm not good with gambling jargon.

Is there such a bet that you can put "Rangers or Celtic to win the SPL" and if either come up then you get the money, obviously with that scenario the odds wouldn't be worth it but if you were to couple that with a bunch of bets then it might be worthwhile.

I apologize if it's insanely obvious but I'm not good with gambling jargon.

Assuming 1 would be evens and 1 odds on, if the evens team won you break even and if its the odds on team you would not cover the other bet so you lose money, even assuming all the other teams on your lines won. If 1 was odds against you would really need that team to win as the other would be way too short in which case it not worth doing.

Edited by wunfellaff

• 2 weeks later...

Was in the Willie Hills bookies shop yesterday with £4.70p. Stuck £4 in roulette machine and eventually got beat. Put a 70p double on. Is there any intelligent way of covering such a bet?

HT FT

Rangers Draw 14/1 Won

Hadjuk Split Draw 14/1 Runs Tonight

Yes a bit of after timing but nothing is won yet. Any help would be appreciated! :D

Edited by discodave

Was in the Willie Hills bookies shop yesterday with £4.70p. Stuck £4 in roulette machine and eventually got beat. Put a 70p double on. Is there any intelligent way of covering such a bet?

HT FT

Rangers Draw 14/1 Won

Hadjuk Split Draw 14/1 Runs Tonight

Yes a bit of after timing but nothing is won yet. Any help would be appreciated! :D

You could lay it tonight on betfair, but the odds on betfair are 20/1 so if you layed for £6 (with a liability of £120) you would be getting £5(assuming 5% comission) if it didnt win and £17.20 if it did.

Was in the Willie Hills bookies shop yesterday with £4.70p. Stuck £4 in roulette machine and eventually got beat. Put a 70p double on. Is there any intelligent way of covering such a bet? HT FT Rangers Draw 14/1 Won Hadjuk Split Draw 14/1 Runs Tonight Yes a bit of after timing but nothing is won yet. Any help would be appreciated! :D

When you say cover your bet, do you mean to protect your initial 70p stake or secure your £10.50 which you've taken from last nights result or indeed oppose the Hadjuk Split HT/Draw FT tonight so you will be in profit regardless of the outcome tonight?

Either way, you'll need to find out which price you can lay Hadjuk Split HT/Draw FT on Betfair and do the sums accordingly. For example if you can lay this price at odds of 19.0 (just an example price as I can't get on Betfair at work) you'd need be liable for £90 to win back a fiver!

So if Hadjuk Split HT/Draw FT came in you would have £157.50 from your Wm Hills winning less the £90 to Betfair Therefore £67.50 in Profit,

However; if Hadjuk Split HT/Draw FT doesn't come in you'll be £5 up less 5% Commission so that's £4.75 profit from Betfair, minus your 70p stake at Hills. i.e. £4.05 up

If I was you seeing it's only a 70p bet I'd let it run, rather than having to put a fair bit of coin into a Betfair account, also you would need to see what the actual lay price is for Hadjuk Split HT/Draw FT to work out the true values, remember though; the greater the price the more you'll have to be liable for!

Edited to add, I was typing this spiel before I seen fanny paddery's response!

Edited by Lazer

My Bet365 account. I have £37.50 in my account with £23.49 available to withdraw and the rest is a bonus. Yet when I go to withdraw the £23.49 it says:

"If you withdraw funds now, this will both close the bonus and remove the balance, it will not get transferred to the withdrawable balance"

Does this mean my bonus becomes void? Just that I want to bet the bonus but it seems that I need to bet what ever money I have in my account before getting to the bonus.

Yeah, you need to bet the initial deposit numerous times over (I believe it's 4) before you can withdraw your funds and work with the bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this morning when I was in Willie Hills putting my coupon on I saw a bet I fancied. Liverpool to beat Arsenal 2-0 and Suarez first goal scorecast. Now the first goal was obviously an OG, but one of my mates claims some bookies will ignore an OG as first goal and go to the next goal scorer and count that as first goal. Any confirm if this is true and if Hills offer this?

Ok this morning when I was in Willie Hills putting my coupon on I saw a bet I fancied. Liverpool to beat Arsenal 2-0 and Suarez first goal scorecast. Now the first goal was obviously an OG, but one of my mates claims some bookies will ignore an OG as first goal and go to the next goal scorer and count that as first goal. Any confirm if this is true and if Hills offer this?

Your mate is right, as you cant usually select 2-0 first goal og most bookies will pay out on the second scorer

Question for the Betfair regulars... I have also emailed Betfair this, but don't expect a response until some time tomorrow and would like one more quickly than that.

Say I'm betting on Udinese v Arsenal at 3.00 (current price is 2.35 so this would be unmatched), it gives you the option to either cancel or keep unmatched bets when the market goes in-play at kickoff. The default option is to cancel bets, but I'll be working during that game and so would like to keep my bet active. However, the caption which describes the "keep" option is this:

"this option allows you to carry on trying to match your bet until the market closes."

Now this is the part I have a question about. Does "until the market closes" mean until it suspends (ie. after a goal), or actually closes at the end of the game? Because if it's the former, then that's what I'm looking for, but if it's the latter then it's useless, because if Arsenal take the lead I'd get matched at 3.00 on Udinese instantly, which I don't want when they're a goal down.

Cheers.

Question for the Betfair regulars... I have also emailed Betfair this, but don't expect a response until some time tomorrow and would like one more quickly than that.

Say I'm betting on Udinese v Arsenal at 3.00 (current price is 2.35 so this would be unmatched), it gives you the option to either cancel or keep unmatched bets when the market goes in-play at kickoff. The default option is to cancel bets, but I'll be working during that game and so would like to keep my bet active. However, the caption which describes the "keep" option is this:

"this option allows you to carry on trying to match your bet until the market closes."

Now this is the part I have a question about. Does "until the market closes" mean until it suspends (ie. after a goal), or actually closes at the end of the game? Because if it's the former, then that's what I'm looking for, but if it's the latter then it's useless, because if Arsenal take the lead I'd get matched at 3.00 on Udinese instantly, which I don't want when they're a goal down.

Cheers.

Im not 100% positive on this but im sure the market gets wiped of all bets which have been placed 'in play' when a goal is scored but all bets with the option keep still stand.

You are right about that, and I knew that, but what I was looking for was an option that would allow me to bet pre-match, and for the bet to still remain active in-play (all unmatched pre-match bets are cancelled when the market turns in-play), but would close if a goal was scored. Anyway Betfair got back to me, and unfortunately the keep option does indeed mean it keeps the option up there regardless of goals. Which I think is really stupid, but oh well.

Which leaves me a tough option on Saturdays that I'm not at work. Actually go to Thistle games and miss the chance to play on all the in-play markets I'd like to (I have an iPhone 4 but I find Betfair terribly slow at the game), or just sit on my computer all weekend. :lol:

Edited by Nightmare

Which leaves me a tough option on Saturdays that I'm not at work. Actually go to Thistle games and miss the chance to play on all the in-play markets I'd like to (I have an iPhone 4 but I find Betfair terribly slow at the game), or just sit on my computer all weekend. :lol:

Try the iBetMate app, much more reliable and has better features and functionality.

Of course if the problem is lack of 3G coverage, you're a bit stuck. I have the same problem in that I am usually in different football grounds around the country on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, and need to manage my bets just before the game. I'm sad, desperate and addicted to gambling, so I not only have my iPhone 4 on O2, but I also have a micro sim with T-Mobile on another contract so I can insert that if O2's 3G coverage is useless as it often is. :lol: If you're at the same ground every other Saturday, you can always check out the 3G coverage maps to see which network is best.

Ok here i go with no doubt a stupid question

Put £10 on Brighton, Cardiff, Swansea and Nott Forest. And today i found that they won, however both brighton and cardiff won in extra time. So did i win or would that go down as 2 draws?

Swansea got beat 3-1 did they not :unsure:

Try the iBetMate app, much more reliable and has better features and functionality.

Of course if the problem is lack of 3G coverage, you're a bit stuck. I have the same problem in that I am usually in different football grounds around the country on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, and need to manage my bets just before the game. I'm sad, desperate and addicted to gambling, so I not only have my iPhone 4 on O2, but I also have a micro sim with T-Mobile on another contract so I can insert that if O2's 3G coverage is useless as it often is. :lol: If you're at the same ground every other Saturday, you can always check out the 3G coverage maps to see which network is best.

Firhill seems to be alright for Vodafone 3G coverage, so I think this app should help. I was just finding it slow to change from game to game, input the exact odds, etc. Of course, I'm working the next 5 Saturdays in a row, so I'm not going to find out for quite some time just how much this app helps in that respect, but it looks good, and cheers anyway. :lol: