Gambling forum quick questions thread

As for which matches to get involved with, I think that's very simple. I would make the effort to get involved in as many as possible, if you've got the time to research properly. So if you were going to do £20/£40 stakes on 10 matches, if you can do £5/£10 stakes on 40 matches. You want your eggs in as many baskets as possible as there is then lower variance in your results on a weekly basis. If you bet on less matches, your results will be a lot more up and down week to week. Again though, that's just my preference. The long term result should be roughly the same, but I prefer to win a steady amount week to week with maybe one losing week in twenty, rather than having two weeks where I win big, and then one where I lose most of it again. Closer matches are more conductive to backing and laying in this way as prices tend to move more.

I've definitely got the time to research properly. It's my starting balance rather than time that's my problem. I've only really got a couple of hundred quid to start with, so if I'm doing £5 stakes I'll still only be able to cover 6 or 7 matches at a time (£30 liability per match).

Wish I had a grand or something, so I could make a better go at it, but I'm going to have to start on just a few matches at a time and hope it doesn't take too long to build a better bank from it. Can't imagine it'll be going up too quickly based on the trial results so far, but oh well. :(

Edited by Nightmare

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers.

How do u calculate that? Just so that I don't need to ask again lol?

Since the win part of the double is down, you are only left with the place part of the bet.

As the place pays a 1/5 of the odds the price becomes 3/5 (3/1 x 1/5) and 11/20 (11/4 x 1/5).

Your bet now pays:

£1 x 3/5 = £1.60

£1.60 x 11/20 =£2.48

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am looking to open up an online account, who should I go with? Not really bothered about Free Bets and all that but who are generally the best to go with?

Depends what you're looking to do. I don't use anything other than Betfair these days, mainly because I lay teams rather than back and you normally get a better price there.

Why you not interested in taking up one with the best offer?

My first account was with Will Hills, and in my opinion, it's probably the most user friendly one out there.

Depends what you're looking to do. I don't use anything other than Betfair these days, mainly because I lay teams rather than back and you normally get a better price there.

Why you not interested in taking up one with the best offer?

My first account was with Will Hills, and in my opinion, it's probably the most user friendly one out there.

Mainly just back teams. I have promised myself to limit it to football or it could get rather messy.

I want the best option in the long run.

Edited by GingerSaint

Mainly just back teams. I have promised myself to limit it to football or it could get rather messy.

I want the best option in the long run.

Depends if you want to go singles or accumulators?

Singles betfair is undoubtably the best.

If your going accumulators u sometimes need to shop around for the best price. I have many accounts and use oddschecker each week to see whos giving the best price for accumulators as there can be a big big difference in pay out even for a couple of pounds stake.

Depends if you want to go singles or accumulators?

Singles betfair is undoubtably the best.

If your going accumulators u sometimes need to shop around for the best price. I have many accounts and use oddschecker each week to see whos giving the best price for accumulators as there can be a big big difference in pay out even for a couple of pounds stake.

Mostly singles. I have went for both Betfair and Willy Hills.