Gambling forum quick questions thread

Guest The Phoenix

Thanx,

You don't need as much detail as the time.

If you can narrow it down to the day and the bet, any self respecting bookmaker's employee should be able to find it on their system within minutes.

Last night I nipped into a Ladbrokes in Falkirk and asked the woman the price on a Thistle win, she said 7/2, I told her I hadn't checked for tonights game but for the original game on Saturday all the online bookies were 4/1 and asked why was it 7/2 tonight. She checked something on her screen and said that she would give me 4/1 and duly did.

How common is that?

Withdrew some money from 888.com today, just wanted to know if anyone has an account with them and the standard kind of timescale?

Obviously their terms and conditions give it the usual "4-7 working days" but was wondering if anyone knew first hand.

Thanks in advance

I know the laying off bets have been discussed, but I'm still fairly naive to the concept.

Right now I've discovered that bet365 right now have rangers @ 10/11 for tomorrow and laying them @ 4/5. I can't check on oddschecker just now but I think that there is bound to be some other bookmakers that could offer better odds to those. But would someone give me an example of how I could lay off without losing money?

I know the laying off bets have been discussed, but I'm still fairly naive to the concept.

Right now I've discovered that bet365 right now have rangers @ 10/11 for tomorrow and laying them @ 4/5. I can't check on oddschecker just now but I think that there is bound to be some other bookmakers that could offer better odds to those. But would someone give me an example of how I could lay off without losing money?

What you've said doesn't really make any sense. You can't lay bets at B365 (or at any other bookmaker)

Edited by Fudge

Surely laying them would be the same as double chance 'Hearts and Draw'. I assume that's what he means, my sure mind.

The double chance is such poor value I would be astonished if you could use that instead of laying and have a book under 100%

I'm a bit confused as well.

On the basis you have backed Rangers at 10/11, then in order to lock in a profit you would need to either;

Back the double chance (Hearts or Draw) at odds of 11/10 or better or

Lay Rangers on an exchange at odds of less than 1.91 (probably 1.86 to guarantee profit if you are on 5% commission).

It would be very unlikely for the odds of this game to flip sufficiently to allow a trading opportunity with an under-round, so don't hold your breath that either of those scenarios will happen.

I've just had a look and the best you can do is back Rangers at evens (B365) and double chance Hearts/Draw at 10/11 at Skybet or Boylesports which gives a book of 102.38%

I did my research on it now and tried to get my head around it. I get it now. I did manage to find rangers @ 21/20 with pinnacle and 19/20 with corbett sports which would have guaranteed 100.06% so unfortunately just a bawhair off.

I did my research on it now and tried to get my head around it. I get it now. I did manage to find rangers @ 21/20 with pinnacle and 19/20 with corbett sports which would have guaranteed 100.06% so unfortunately just a bawhair off.

Even if you did manage to get 99.9%, you'd need to be betting thousands to make anything more than a few sheckles

Even if you did manage to get 99.9%, you'd need to be betting thousands to make anything more than a few sheckles

As a lot of people do, myself included at times when I know I can get away with it. If you're arbing, you really need to subscribe to an arbitrage alert service, as you could spend hours looking for them without finding any. Odds comparison sites are too slow to use for that purpose usually. Rebelbetting.com and oddsandbets.com (which has gone downhill in recent times) are two arb alert services, there are others if you search for them.

This is a really simple question but I'm not a big gambler so I've never been in this position before.

Postponed games. Do they get 'removed' from the bet or do I have to wait for the rescheduled match?

I'm guessing it's the former.

edit: it's an accumulator if it makes a difference.

Edited by Liam.

This is a really simple question but I'm not a big gambler so I've never been in this position before.

Postponed games. Do they get 'removed' from the bet or do I have to wait for the rescheduled match?

It will be, as you say, removed from the accumulator. Although, in certain instances, if the game is re-scheduled and played within a certain number of days, it would still be included in your accumulator. That said, it's more than likely that it will just be removed and if all your other selections win then you'd be able to claim your winnings.

It is the former, as you would have known if you looked at any of the previous pages on this thread

Has anyone ever had the pleasure of having a losing bet cancelled and refunded? I personally haven't and wonder if this would ever occur if the bookies made a mistake whilst it is obviously not unheard of for winning bets to be cancelled and refunded. Backed Arsenal 4 or more at 5/2 on hills and laid at 2.7 on betfair for profit either way but the same bet elsewhere on the Hills site was only 13/10 and was about 5/4 with other firms. Was worried a bit the whole night that if 4 or more came in it would be palped as the price seemed over genrous and now my optomistic side is wondering if there is any chance it will be palped and I'll get my stake back.

Has anyone ever had the pleasure of having a losing bet cancelled and refunded? I personally haven't and wonder if this would ever occur if the bookies made a mistake whilst it is obviously not unheard of for winning bets to be cancelled and refunded. Backed Arsenal 4 or more at 5/2 on hills and laid at 2.7 on betfair for profit either way but the same bet elsewhere on the Hills site was only 13/10 and was about 5/4 with other firms. Was worried a bit the whole night that if 4 or more came in it would be palped as the price seemed over genrous and now my optomistic side is wondering if there is any chance it will be palped and I'll get my stake back.

Doesnt tend to get palpd unless it is a winner. Email them make up a story and see what happens as you have lost you cant lose out

I noticed with Hills they had some strange odds, don't think it was a palp.

In the Leeds v Arsenal game they had 0-0 at 17/2, but in the 1st team to score market No First Goal was 6/1.