59 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Jones is a total arsehole, do you remember him storming off sky news in the huff?

He doesn't seem to take criticism at all well, does he?

47 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Rachel Riley coming off worse in that exchange tbf. 

Alan Sugar did an interview where he said he’d leave the UK if Corbyn got in, never mentioned anything to do with anti semitism in it, Owen Jones quoted the tweet and said ‘celebrate good times.’ Apparently that’s celebrating ‘anti-semitism.’ 

Alan Sugar is a Tory bore, that’s nothing to do with him being Jewish. 

I'll be honest, I didn't bother to read the Twitterstorm, as I guess you have to call it these days, but there's quite a few women who feel like Riley does about Jones.

55 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Rachel Riley coming off worse in that exchange tbf. 

Alan Sugar did an interview where he said he’d leave the UK if Corbyn got in, never mentioned anything to do with anti semitism in it, Owen Jones quoted the tweet and said ‘celebrate good times.’ Apparently that’s celebrating ‘anti-semitism.’ 

Alan Sugar is a Tory bore, that’s nothing to do with him being Jewish. 

Yeah, Sugar joked that Corbyn becoming PM would be like giving his Gran the keys to his Ferrari. Nothing to do with anti-semitism. Owen Jones is a twat though.

11 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Correct, just not on this occasion. Had a quick scroll through Rachel Riley’s Twitter and she seems to be a bit of a twat. Suppose being a Man United fan from Essex should have set off alarm bells. 

Found this on Sugars feed, maybe there's more to it. All the more reason it's odd for Riley to defend him.

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/1073949402618834945

Edited by welshbairn

Harry Leslie Smith died a few weeks ago, he became well known late in his life for his political involvement and his active Twitter presence. There’s always been questions about who actually ran the account with a lot of observers pointing out that a man in his 90s who needed a magnifying glass to read he paper was unlikely to be battering out tweets daily on the issues of the day.

Well since the sad passing of Harry a few weeks ago at the age of 95, his son has now started a crowdfunder tk raise money to cover the costs of, er, running a Twitter account that has left his son in massive debt for some reasons.

IMG_3412.thumb.jpg.878038ebc4aaf77e709424e9085ac910.jpgIMG_3413.thumb.jpg.dc70481600f4c8a16372a71e4c17f532.jpg

Extremely suspect. Political grifting via crowdfunder is a growth industry.

Jones is a total arsehole, do you remember him storming off sky news in the huff?

This was happening about the same time as Kevin Hague was educating Micheal Stewart, it got seriously ugly for Stewart

Sounds implausible given that Kevin Hague couldn't educate anyone even if his life depended on it.
You have to admire Stewart though, that was the 2nd time he had attempted to take Kev on, both times he ran away bloodied, bruised, but not undeterred, he will surely return to this arena, properly the same result though

3 minutes ago, ecto said:
23 hours ago, Tibbermoresaint said:
Sounds implausible given that Kevin Hague couldn't educate anyone even if his life depended on it.

You have to admire Stewart though, that was the 2nd time he had attempted to take Kev on, both times he ran away bloodied, bruised, but not undeterred, he will surely return to this arena, properly the same result though

I had a wee chat with Kevin this morning. It didn't last long. As usual he ran away rather than deal with reality. 

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
Accuracy

Yeah, Sugar joked that Corbyn becoming PM would be like giving his Gran the keys to his Ferrari. Nothing to do with anti-semitism. Owen Jones is a twat though.

I had, until this part of the thread, lived in relative unawareness of Owen Jones. Since this, I’ve been bombarded with his sanctimonious, vapid shite on virtually any topic going. Everything he tweets is self serving. Everything. Happily and rapidly muted.

I had, until this part of the thread, lived in relative unawareness of Owen Jones. Since this, I’ve been bombarded with his sanctimonious, vapid shite on virtually any topic going. Everything he tweets is self serving. Everything. Happily and rapidly muted.

He went from interesting to irritating in record time, now just a bore