Done away with Facebook book ages ago which i haven't missed. I really want to delete my twitter but it's still the best place to keep up with St Mirren and Scottish football in the one place, I can't seem to find an alternative. Started trying to block loads of accounts and words but I still end up with all sorts of shite finding its way through to my feed.

20 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

The Tartan Army seem to have left a big impression on Cologne. 

I think they have always sung that.

54 minutes ago, thomas said:

Done away with Facebook book ages ago which i haven't missed. I really want to delete my twitter but it's still the best place to keep up with St Mirren and Scottish football in the one place, I can't seem to find an alternative. Started trying to block loads of accounts and words but I still end up with all sorts of shite finding its way through to my feed.

I'm the same - twitter is a racist binfire.

I think fans should be asking their clubs to move to a different platform.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'm the same - twitter is a racist binfire.

I think fans should be asking their clubs to move to a different platform.

I was going to try and use Pie and Bovril to keep up to date on St Mirren news but the notifications don't really seem to work right for me, it also doesn't really work for keeping up on general scottish football news without setting up notifications for a load of different threads.

2 hours ago, thomas said:

The 'Following' feed cuts out most of the worst stuff from the 'For You' option, but I find it just seems to pick one person I follow and show me 30 things in a row they've reposted. I still use it for following certain stuff but it's basically just a massive engagement farm now.

4 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The 'Following' feed cuts out most of the worst stuff from the 'For You' option, but I find it just seems to pick one person I follow and show me 30 things in a row they've reposted. I still use it for following certain stuff but it's basically just a massive engagement farm now.

Think mine has got worse since I started blocking people like Farage and Robinson, I'm assuming because you have to go into their profiles to block them it counts that as me being interested in them.

You used to be able to check twitter feeds without an account and getting loads of shite thrown at you, but now they deliberately jumble up the timelines so it's impossible. Elon Musk is such a c**t.

32 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Unfortunately my 'Following' feed includes a great many Alba fandans.

You can imagine the rest.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You used to be able to check twitter feeds without an account and getting loads of shite thrown at you, but now they deliberately jumble up the timelines so it's impossible. Elon Musk is such a c**t.

It also used to be handy for contacting businesses via PM - often resulting in a quick and straightforward reply - you need to pay for the privilege now.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

One of the last remaining nitter instances will be yer new best pal

19 hours ago, thomas said:

Think mine has got worse since I started blocking people like Farage and Robinson, I'm assuming because you have to go into their profiles to block them it counts that as me being interested in them.

You don't even need to click on their profile, simply skimming past their post, forced onto your "For You" page, is enough to count as you viewing it.

Obviously the more the force on you, the more the algorithm thinks you're viewing that stuff, and it spirals.

I had an absolute f**king purge of my "For you" page and must've blocked about 100 accounts over a day. It was fine for a few hours then suddenly my feed was full of it again for no reason. It's just bollocks really.