I wasn't involved in any sort of gang type nonsense but lots of football games against people from other areas/schools often descended into mass brawls. This was just pre camera phones and in the melee you could give someone a good doing without fear of any real repercussions. 

I suspect nowadays those sort of things would be filmed, put online and there would be all sorts of issues from school, parents and police. 

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Won't be long until Edinburgh City comes into line with the rest of Scotland and bans booze in public places.

Not sure about that, it’s not like this sort of thing is happening all the time or is being rammed down the throats of those who know how to behave themselves.

Just now, throbber said:

Not sure about that, it’s not like this sort of thing is happening all the time or is being rammed down the throats of those who know how to behave themselves.

No but a few wee shits spoil it for the rest. 

I think there will be enough middle age people who are shitting themselves about folk meeting up in parks the put some pressure on the council and depends on the nature of the injures and crimes committed if the police ask them to take action then they might not be able to resist pressure on 2 fronts.

No idea what prompted Fife banning bevy on the streets as its always been the law growing up albeit using the police just pour your drink away and send you on your way.

13 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Was that just a shite tattoo on the boy who got bottled or was it blood pishing down his neck?

I'm not sure, thought the same, hopefully just a shite tattoo. Was a cowardly attack. 

I've already seen the wrong person being accused of being the bottler on Twitter.. 

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

No but a few wee shits spoil it for the rest. 

I think there will be enough middle age people who are shitting themselves about folk meeting up in parks the put some pressure on the council and depends on the nature of the injures and crimes committed if the police ask them to take action then they might not be able to resist pressure on 2 fronts.

No idea what prompted Fife banning bevy on the streets as its always been the law growing up albeit using the police just pour your drink away and send you on your way.

You’re probably right, the fringe may never come back as well so there would be no reason to have the law remain as it is anyway and the likes of these scuffles and the attacks on buses could easily be used as reasons to ban drinking in public altogether.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I haven't met a single pansexual who wasn't annoying in trying to explain the difference. Every bisexual person I know (including myself) have the same attractions and it seems more about solving a linguistic issue which isn't really an issue to begin with. 

Pansexuals f**k saucepans.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Wait, I can walk around Edinburgh with a drink in my hand?

Why are you just telling me this now!? 

You can in Fife on the 31-Dec 23:00 to 1-Jan 01:00

On 04/04/2021 at 09:32, 101 said:

:lol:

Even if it wasn't for the more modern clothes (parka jaicket) i is still incredibly easy to spot that this is not 1940 due to obesity not being invented until the 80's

Edited by Caledonian1

43 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Even if it wasn't for the more modern clothes (parka jaicket) i is still incredibly easy to spot that this is not 1940 due to obesity not being invented until the 80's

Clearly you have never seen this.

19 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Wait, I can walk around Edinburgh with a drink in my hand?

Why are you just telling me this now!? 

It’s because of the fringe - they wanted to make it legal just for the month of August but it was cheaper to just make it legal all year round.