Steering Wheels

discopants

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Similar to the original question (as I'm also getting F1 2010), does anyone know which steering wheels are best for use with the Xbox 360?

There seems to be hardly any available to buy, I'm even struggling to find anywhere online that still sells the official Xbox wheel (for a decent price). Has it been discontinued?

I remember buying a steering wheel for the PS1 (might've been PS2) and it cost maybe £30? Are the cheaper PS3 ones a waste of time?

I'm not sure how good the cheap ones are these days. All I know is that if I were gonna get a wheel I'd get a logitech one.

The one I have is the Driving Force Pro and it is brilliant I think. I got it on amazon a few years back for 50 quid so if you can get it cheap go for it.

Then theres the Driving Force GT which is basically the one up from my one. Not tried it but can only imagine its just as good if not better than the pro one.

Then if you really wanna good one go for either the G25 or the newer G27. One of my mates has the G25 and it is incredible, and the jammy c*** that he is he got it of play.com for £99 quid a few years back. Seems like they have stopped selling the G25 since the G27 has come out, so it might be a while before you can get a cheap G27, but if you can, get it.

Any opinions on which one of these I should get for F1 2010?

Logitech DriveFX for Xbox 360

Official Licensed Racing Wheel (not much information here and is out in October

Atomic Accessories TVR Sports Wheel

Nitro Racing Wheel

I could also get old official MS one from Gamestation for £80.

I wish I had the selection the PS3/PC owners have!

Any opinions on which one of these I should get for F1 2010?

Logitech DriveFX for Xbox 360

Official Licensed Racing Wheel (not much information here and is out in October

Atomic Accessories TVR Sports Wheel

Nitro Racing Wheel

I could also get old official MS one from Gamestation for £80.

I wish I had the selection the PS3/PC owners have!

I dont know much about the 360 wheels but out of that lot I would go for the logitech one. It looks very similar to the one I have on the PS3 and logitech definately know what their doing when it comes to wheels.

I dont know much about the 360 wheels but out of that lot I would go for the logitech one. It looks very similar to the one I have on the PS3 and logitech definately know what their doing when it comes to wheels.

I was thinking of getting that one too, but I read some not-too-favourable reviews of it last night (it apparently was on sale recently for £25 on play.com - that website is doing it for about 3 times as much!).

Most reviews said the official Xbox 360 wheel is best - anyone on here got it?

• 5 years later...

Toying with getting a wheel for the PS3.

What are folk using as a stand for theirs? I would be playing it in the living room so no desk to clamp it to. I've seen the Wheel Stand Pro and it looks excellent but dont really want to fork out £80.

I've heard of folk using ironing boards, just wondering if anyone has any other ingenious cost effective hack instead of forking out for a proper stand.

Would ideally fold away for storage but be sturdy enough when in use.

Archived