BioShock Infinite

#Gary

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this game good as a stand alone game so I wouldn't have to play the others to really understand it or should I just leave it and play the others first?

Standalone mate, this game is completely independent from Bioshock 1 and 2. But I'd highly recommend you play all 3 anyway. Some of the best games out there IMO

They give is spoiler tags for a reason buddy, was trying not to ruin anything for anyone, and apart from a very minor appearance, it is.

Yeah, there's spoiler tags, for um spoilers, "buddy". However nothing that I said was a spoiler.

Also, if you think that it is only a minor appearance that links the games then you've somewhat missed the point of it.

Yeah, there's spoiler tags, for um spoilers, "buddy". However nothing that I said was a spoiler.

Also, if you think that it is only a minor appearance that links the games then you've somewhat missed the point of it.

When that particular scene happened, I wasn't aware that it was gonna happen and i bloody enjoyed the surprise. I was trying to not ruin that for anyone. And I hardly missed the point of it. You are in rapture for about 5 minutes at most, during which they don't really even discuss it and that scene could have happened anywhere and the plot wouldn't be unchanged, id consider that a minor appearance.

I'm not just talking about

the bit in Rapture (way to go for not putting it in a spoiler by the way)

the entire game is a reference.

The game is a similar tale to rapture but they are different realities and aren't truely connected to one another. Elizabeth says there will always be a man and a lighthouse, but i don't think that links the tales. I know the songbird is said to have been inspired by the big daddy as they seen one using the tears, but does that link the games? I personally don't think so

Everything is clearly linked. They're meant to be opposites of each other and how no matter the idea they'll always fail because of various reasons.

I assume your refering to the cities and not the characters? If thats the case ill grant you they are linked in that way.

Like many i wondered if the city would make an appearance in the game, or some kind of foundation or inspiration that would lead to the creation of Rapture, so when you appear in the city i was pretty surprised and excited and i didnt wanna ruin it for anyone. In terms of the direct plots of both games they arent linked tho, this game doesnt lead to the creation of Rapture. Which is what i ment when i said that to Lister

Cheers for the replies, I reckon I'll give the first two a go first.

First game is good tho never understood the massive hype on it, Dead Space for me is a better game

I'd disagree there, Dead Space is an outstanding horror game. One of the best

Agreed. I normally dont like horror games but really brought the genre back up to speed

Agreed. I normally dont like horror games but really brought the genre back up to speed

Played thru the first one again not that long ago, and even tho i knew when necro's were gonna attack and stuff i was still spooked. The audio in that game freaks me out, the little noises, whispers, stuff falling behind you, the sound of stuff in the air vents, it all gets to me

Archived