The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Heading to The Garage on the 10th May to see Marduk, Origin and Immolation. Anyone any idea what time gigs at The Garage normally finish? Also anyone any idea where's best to park, preferably free (what can I say, I'm from Fife). I see there's a decent sized multi-storey car park literally next to the venue but I'm loathed to pay nearly £20 as I'll be through early afternoon.

Garage gigs finish at the standard Glasgow time, can't remember if that's 1030 or 1100 though (sorry)

I always park on Elmbank Street, just round the corner from the Garage and Nice n Sleazy. Normally lots of space and free after 6.

Marduk will be great, mind the time Legion had a flu of some sort and spewed his hoop on stage. Never seen Immolation. Used to correspond with Ross from the band, but always found them super-meh.

Garage gigs finish at the standard Glasgow time, can't remember if that's 1030 or 1100 though (sorry)

I always park on Elmbank Street, just round the corner from the Garage and Nice n Sleazy. Normally lots of space and free after 6.

Marduk will be great, mind the time Legion had a flu of some sort and spewed his hoop on stage. Never seen Immolation. Used to correspond with Ross from the band, but always found them super-meh.

Don't they normally finish a little ealrier so they can get everyone out before the club night starts? Not so sure about a Tuesday right enough...think it's 10pm though. Not been to a gig in the Garage for ages

Anyone going to Machine Head on 12th March and know of anywhere with standing tickets still available?

If there's at least 2 of you who have standing, just buy a balcony ticket and do the old-switcheroo to get everyone in standing. Works every time.

It's just me in standing. My two mates are hoping to get in standing.

Mm you've pretty much had it then. You COULD ask at the box office on the night if they'll change your balcony ticket to a standing ticket. Had that work at the Hydro, twice.

And I understand the band were chased a bit to finish. They only spent a few seconds off-stage pre-encore and then cut a song from the setlist.

I think it was probably meant to send at 10pm. It did feel very rushed but I'm not a fan of encores in general, much prefer it when a band just goes for it from start to finish.

Yup, it's a nonsense in some cases.

The worst I remember was Amorphis a few years ago in Glasgow, supported by Orphaned Land. The place was toatie, so when Amorphis 'went offstage', they just huddled behind the Marshalls as if we couldn't see them, before coming back on when there were a few tepid shouts for 'more!'.

Ridiculous! :lol:

Yup, it's a nonsense in some cases.

The worst I remember was Amorphis a few years ago in Glasgow, supported by Orphaned Land. The place was toatie, so when Amorphis 'went offstage', they just huddled behind the Marshalls as if we couldn't see them, before coming back on when there were a few tepid shouts for 'more!'.

Ridiculous! :lol:

A lot of people are conditioned to believe if they don't get an encore they're somehow being ripped off. I saw the Manics at The Music Hall a few years ago and they played a fantastic set of 23 songs with no encore. 23 songs to me is a pretty long set list but after the gig I overheard a couple of folk moaning about the lack of an encore.