The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Some people will say it's not Trivium with no screaming vocals, but Matt's voice has got so much better over the years and I think now he sounds better when he isn't doing the screaming vocals.

Can't wait for a tour, seen them live 13 times over the years! :D

Some people will say it's not Trivium with no screaming vocals, but Matt's voice has got so much better over the years and I think now he sounds better when he isn't doing the screaming vocals.

Can't wait for a tour, seen them live 13 times over the years! :D

I've only seen Trivium once - in the Garage on the Ascendency tour. Blindingly good night and a classic performance.

I see Party Cannon have went viral today after the poster for Bay Area Deathfest 2 went up.

CQLodjLWIAAuzJR.jpg

I saw them play RAM It Down festival in Aberdeen, no idea if they were actually good or not because of the constant sound and equipment issues they were having. When they did get going they lived up to their name with conga lines instead of pits.

They were surprisingly good at an all day death fest at Studio 24 in Edinburgh a year or 2 ago. They certainly don't look like the kinda band that would play brutal slamming death metal. Seemed nice enough guys as well.

Anyone heard the new Children Of Bodom album? Minus one or two songs I'm quite disappointed. Don't think they'll ever top the Hatebreeder/Follow The Reaper days. Still looking forward to seeing them in November though.

Anyone heard the new Children Of Bodom album? Minus one or two songs I'm quite disappointed. Don't think they'll ever top the Hatebreeder/Follow The Reaper days. Still looking forward to seeing them in November though.

Aye they've been disappointing me since Hate Crew Deathroll. Are You Dead Yet? was a sharp decline and nowhere near as good as HCDR or FTR/Hatebreeder. Blooddrunk was OK but still didn't hit the mark. Haven't listened to the new one, probably won't bother.

Still exited about seeing them again in November though

Anyone heard the new Megadeth song "Fatal Illusion" yet? Its really good but not quite amazing. Better than most/all of their previous two albums. Very different structure to what I'm used to and I like it.

Anyone heard the new Megadeth song "Fatal Illusion" yet? Its really good but not quite amazing. Better than most/all of their previous two albums. Very different structure to what I'm used to and I like it.

If it started with the base instead of the actual intro it would be a cracker. Just couldn't get into the intro.

One week until Opeth in London. I received a ticket in the post on Friday and I was confused as I had received my ticket almost a year ago. Once I compared the two tickets I realised the venue had changed. A quick Google search and I found out this was because of technical issues with the original venue, the Palladium. Now it is at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. It is actually in a better place for me as the walk from the hotel is more straight forward which is good for me as I'm not very familiar with London. My ticket is also still for the front row too :)