Crown

Maybeshewill

The Ocean

Alter of Plagues

Solstafir

Amenra

Mono

At The Gates

Bands of the day award goes to Mono and Amenra, both were just astonishing. Wish we could find a way to bring Amenra to Glasgow.

Everyone seems to have been raving about their performance on the Damnation Facebook page. Maybe they are the sort of band North of the Wall could look at bring up to Glasgow seeing as their looking to grow. I did read on their Facebook page that they had some of their people down in Leeds this weekend.

Seen on Blabbermouth that Randy got jumped by about 5 teenagers at the Dublin show. Actually shat myself thinking he'd be injured and unable to perform tomorrow in Glasgow. That's bad, my first reaction should have been "oh dear, hope he's ok" more so than "he better not fucking cancel their set!!!".

Seen on Blabbermouth that Randy got jumped by about 5 teenagers at the Dublin show. Actually shat myself thinking he'd be injured and unable to perform tomorrow in Glasgow. That's bad, my first reaction should have been "oh dear, hope he's ok" more so than "he better not fucking cancel their set!!!".

LoG are my main motivation for attending so any pull out now would be deeply upsetting.

The setlists from the Dublin show suggest LoG are getting over an hour which puts to bed any fears over a shitty support slot.

For those interested, the stage times in Dublin were as follows (I'm assuming it'll be something roughly similar at Braeheed):

Doors: 5.30

Sylosis: 6

CoB: 6.50

LoG: 7.50

Megadave: 9.30

LoG are my main motivation for attending so any pull out now would be deeply upsetting.

The setlists from the Dublin show suggest LoG are getting over an hour which puts to bed any fears over a shitty support slot.

For those interested, the stage times in Dublin were as follows (I'm assuming it'll be something roughly similar at Braeheed):

Doors: 5.30

Sylosis: 6

CoB: 6.50

LoG: 7.50

Megadave: 9.30

Just got an email from Tickemaster, stage times are exactly the same for Glasgow gig. Half day at work tomorrow then heading straight through and had the savvy to take a holiday from work on the Thursday. Should be a great show.

Great gig last night. First of me seeing any of the bands (did go to the Bodom/Cannibal Corpse gig at the ABC a few years ago but left after CC), would probably have preferred to see a longer Bodom set if it meant not having Sylosis on the bill (my own personal preference). LoG and Megadeth were fantastic, the former being my favourite on the night. Bedlam when they played Redneck. Pretty tame crowd up until the last few songs by LoG, to many folded arms/couldn't be arsed looking people there. It felt quite empty as well to be honest, someone said standing was sold out but I'm not believing that for one minute.

I'm off to the Garage in Glasgow on Saturday to see Epica. I'm not particularly fussed about them (a poor man's Nightwish IMO, although I hope to be proved wrong) but am much more excited about seeing 'special guests' Eluveitie with their unique brand of Swiss folk metal. If anyone's not familiar with their work I would recommend checking out The Call of the Mountains and Inis Mona. Scar Symmetry are supporting and they're not too bad either.

This is the only gig on Epica's UK tour that's sold out (about a fortnight ago) so I was lucky to get tickets off a random on Facebook this week. I've never been to the Garage before, but assume on that basis that it's quite small? Or Epica are just really popular in Scotland.

Effeminate are hands down, without a shadow of doubt the worst kind of metal, possibly even worst music I have ever heard!

They are a piss-yourself-laughing-at-their-dreadfulness band! :D

I've no idea how, but they got a support slot with Devildriver when I seen them at The Arches a few years ago.

Who are Effeminate?

Elluveitie or whatever there name is. :lol:

My mate was pissed at the Devildriver gig and started calling them that.

I've never seen Eluveitie perform so can't comment on how good they are live, but in my opinion, these two tracks are pretty excellent metal tunes. I prefer them when they let Anna Murphy loose on the vocals, which isn't nearly often enough, but would still expect them to be decent live.

Was it that they weren't very good live, or is folk metal just not your thing?

I've never seen Eluveitie perform so can't comment on how good they are live, but in my opinion, these two tracks are pretty excellent metal tunes. I prefer them when they let Anna Murphy loose on the vocals, which isn't nearly often enough, but would still expect them to be decent live.

Was it that they weren't very good live, or is folk metal just not your thing?

Jesus, genuinely thought i'd clicked on the Eurovision thread by mistake there!

Aye, no ideas why the knickers have been twisted into knots here.

Och, yer man comes in saying they were rubbish when he saw them. I just wanted to know if that was because they weren't very good at playing live seeing as I'm going to see them at the weekend. Turns out it was just because he doesn't like that kind of music. Which is fine, just all very pointless.

Jesus, genuinely thought i'd clicked on the Eurovision thread by mistake there!

Now you're in the Eurovision thread...

Off to see Evil Scarecrow tonight, with their craziness and hybrid monster fantasies. My body's still aching from Lamb of God so I'm glad it'll be scuttling in this crowd rather than pits.

That was I think the sixth time I've seen Lamb of God and it was probably the best they've been, excellent set list and the whole band just nailed it. Megadeth were surprisingly good too, Mustaine's voice is obviously shot but musically they were tight as f**k, having been a bit of a mess all round last time I saw them.

• 2 weeks later...