The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I was the Winterfylleth gig last night at Audio. I had a good time. Voices were the support band and I loved their album London. They suffered a little as for some reason they didn't have a bass player at the gig. Not sure what that was about. However they did have Nick Barker on drums which was an nice surprise. Looking forward to their set at Damnation Festival now.

Know I'm about two weeks late to the discussion but seeing the talk about Metallica on the last page, I know that Reading was the televised one but I had a day ticket for Leeds, they were outstanding and the setlist was interesting enough. Though I was utterly devastated on knowing that they'd been playing Unforgiven II recently, hearing the horn and then just getting The Unforgiven. Meh.

Other than that the only real disappointment was having to leave Ghost early for Metallica - they were outstanding. Think I've already seen Ghost more than any other band, can't get enough of them and the new album is a grower.

I got a day ticket too and I thought Metallica lacked a bit of a spark. Not criticising them as they weren't poor, far from it, but I've seen them much better than that.

Thoroughly enjoyed Ghost thought.

I went to see Skiltron at Bannerman's in Edinburgh last night. They're from Argentina (although the vocalist is a Geordie), are on a UK tour just now and are a mix of folk/power metal with bagpipes and lyrics about Scottish history.

It was pretty good fun. Rather than the usual one bagpiper, they had two last night which added to the overall effect. If that sort of thing floats your boat, they're playing The Moorings in Aberdeen tonight and the Classic Grand in Glasgow tomorrow.

http://www.skiltron.net/site/live/

https://youtu.be/61gZPM4I19w

https://youtu.be/JecGv9pp7as

I went to see Skiltron at Bannerman's in Edinburgh last night. They're from Argentina (although the vocalist is a Geordie), are on a UK tour just now and are a mix of folk/power metal with bagpipes and lyrics about Scottish history.

It was pretty good fun. Rather than the usual one bagpiper, they had two last night which added to the overall effect. If that sort of thing floats your boat, they're playing The Moorings in Aberdeen tonight and the Classic Grand in Glasgow tomorrow.

There's a bagpipe/Rock fusion band playing the Cathouse tonight "Bags of Rock" they're called. My band are on the support, hopefully it's a good night

http://www.skiltron.net/site/live/

Yes, I went to see them in The Green Room in Perth last week.

Great fun. The singer kept disappearing, presumably he had the skits or something.

They were really struggling at one point when he left, so just played a metallic version of the theme from Last of the Mohicans. That was triumphant, and the gig was really positive and bouncy after that.

I spoke to the management after, and he said they basically just called up and offered to play for a couple of pitchers of beer! A bit if a change from 70,000 at Wacken...

Yes, I went to see them in The Green Room in Perth last week.

Great fun. The singer kept disappearing, presumably he had the skits or something.

They were really struggling at one point when he left, so just played a metallic version of the theme from Last of the Mohicans. That was triumphant, and the gig was really positive and bouncy after that.

I spoke to the management after, and he said they basically just called up and offered to play for a couple of pitchers of beer! A bit if a change from 70,000 at Wacken...

The Perth gig was the first of the tour, so assume they were looking for a warm-up before kicking it off properly at a festival in England the next day. They've played every night since then, which is quite impressive.

The singer, Martin, disappeared for a while in the middle last night and the guitarist Emilio took over vocals for a couple of songs. He said that Martin had had a really difficult few days - I assumed because of a family bereavement or something, but given what you've said maybe he'd just been ill.

I was quite disappointed that there were only 50 or so people at the gig though. I hope they manage to get more in Aberdeen and Glasgow. Definitely worth the tenner to get in!

The Perth gig was the first of the tour, so assume they were looking for a warm-up before kicking it off properly at a festival in England the next day. They've played every night since then, which is quite impressive.

The singer, Martin, disappeared for a while in the middle last night and the guitarist Emilio took over vocals for a couple of songs. He said that Martin had had a really difficult few days - I assumed because of a family bereavement or something, but given what you've said maybe he'd just been ill.

I was quite disappointed that there were only 50 or so people at the gig though. I hope they manage to get more in Aberdeen and Glasgow. Definitely worth the tenner to get in!

Only about 50 or so there in Perth as well, but it was free entry!

(I felt a bit guilty so bought some CD's to throw them a few bob)

The line up for North of the Wall looks interesting. Not exactly many bands that will be familiar to many but that is what I like about these types of festivals. The headliners have still to be announced.

http://northofthewall.wix.com/festival#!lineup/cuyu

They've also announced a special show the night before at Audio headlined by the excellent Winterfylleth.

Can't mind if I put this up anywhere but here is my bands first single. It may not be metal really but this is the best place for it.

Comments, both sincere and #Bantz, welcome.

ETA: F*cked if I can remember how to get YouTube video's to show as a thumbnail.

Edited by 11thHour

Can't mind if I put this up anywhere but here is my bands first single. It may not be metal really but this is the best place for it.

Comments, both sincere and #Bantz, welcome.

ETA: F*cked if I can remember how to get YouTube video's to show as a thumbnail.

Good song and good quality of production. Impressed. What do you play?

Edit - Would have recommended a solo over the top of the last section, but I play bass and fucking hate most of them anyway.

Edited by Mad Capsule

Good song and good quality of production. Impressed. What do you play?

Edit - Would have recommended a solo over the top of the last section, but I play bass and fucking hate most of them anyway.

Thanks very much man! I play the guitar. Intro solo/melody was mine and the later solo/melody was the other guitarist/singer.

I see Party Cannon have went viral today after the poster for Bay Area Deathfest 2 went up.

CQLodjLWIAAuzJR.jpg

I saw them play RAM It Down festival in Aberdeen, no idea if they were actually good or not because of the constant sound and equipment issues they were having. When they did get going they lived up to their name with conga lines instead of pits.