The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

^^^ Exactly this.

Fancied Slayer/Anthrax and the Judas Priest gig but f**k that. I've seen Slayer & Judas Priest many times and ain't paying what they're after just to see Anthrax.

Exactly.

The prices are becoming ridiculous. £45 for a Barras/Academy gig is a joke.

See, I don't really mind it for Priest because they are at least generally a Hydro/SECC size band who just happen to be playing a smaller venue this time. For Slayer, who have always been an Academy sized band, I really resent it despite the excellent support acts. While I like them, Slayer are the band I care least about about on that bill so I don't particularly want to pay that only for Anthrax and Kvelertak to get short sets.

Foo Fighters is back on! Tuesday 8th September - Murrayfield Stadium.

customers form the cancelled gigs get first dibs:

There will be a pre sale starting on Wednesday 15th July at 9AM, exclusively offered to previous customers for the June 23rd show, allowing them the chance to to purchase tickets for the show at BT Murrayfield Stadium on September 8th.

The previous ticket agent will send customers a link, unless tickets were purchased from Ripping Records in which case customers will need to go to the store once pre sale starts on Wednesday at 9am running until Friday 9am.

The ticket link supplied will be active for 48 hours from Wednesday 15th July at 9am and allows one purchase per applicant of 4 maximum tickets. All tickets are “General Admission” only.

:thumsup2:thumsup2

If the gig finishes in time and you're not driving you'll probably be best getting a taxi to Paisley Gilmour Street and then getting the train from there. Weird choice of venue and I don't care for Bodom but terrific apart from that. November is absurd for gigs already.

If the gig finishes in time and you're not driving you'll probably be best getting a taxi to Paisley Gilmour Street and then getting the train from there. Weird choice of venue and I don't care for Bodom but terrific apart from that. November is absurd for gigs already.

There is a Campanile hotel nearby which could be an option. Having looked at the other venues in Glasgow the Barrows and Academy are already booked that night and I assume the Hydro would be too big for a gig like this.

Only been to the Braehead once and that was to see Marilyn Manson. I remember it wasn't easy for us to find as a friend drove us down and back. For some reason two of us had seating tickets that were more or less parallel to the edge of the stage and the other two had standing tickets.

So far in November I have Damnation Festival in Leeds, Everytime I Die in Aberdeen and then Marilyn Manson, Prodigy, Judas Priest and Slayer all in the space of four days in Glasgow.

Clutch are playing the same night as The Prodigy which is a difficult choice: Clutch are fantastic live and are one of my favourite bands, but I've never seen The Prodigy while Public Enemy are also one of my favourite bands and are also pretty good live.