The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Not metal but don't know where else to pit it.....Heard whispers that Alter Bridge will return to the UK in December, possibly part of Taste of Chaos....watch this space....

Any more word on this? Fair to say I've got a bit of a hard-on for Alter Bridge at the moment.

Can't be arsed looking back through the thread, has anyone heard the Times of Grace album? I got it a few months ago and it's a great debut IMO.

Still haven't got round to buying it but the songs I've heard are superb as expected.

Any more word on this? Fair to say I've got a bit of a hard-on for Alter Bridge at the moment.

I have a permanent hard-on for Alter Bridge. Holy shit, just realised it's only three weeks until I'll be seeing them at Download!

Was just coming to post this. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Defiantly sounds promising. Hopefully there will be a UK tour later this year as well. Seen them twice before and would jump at the chance to see them again. I really should have seen them three times but they pulled out of a tour when they were going to playing Far Sams in Dundee, so annoyed that got cancelled :(

Ghost and Deconstruction by Devin Townsend now available for pre-order.

Really can't wait to hear them. Ridiculously talented bloke.:)

Deconstruction has leaked. Will deffo take a few listens to get into.

Earthtone 9 on Thursday is gonna be beastin, and Maybeshewill too - their new album is a cracker

Strong rumours that this'll be an October/November co-headline tour with Black Stone Cherry and the Glasgow date'll be SECC.

Just got back in to em again dug out Earth vs... and Don't be happy just worry. What a band - listening to newer stuff on You Tube - what a band

Edited by marty_j

Just got back in to em again dug out Earth vs... and Don't be happy just worry. What a band - listening to newer stuff on You Tube - what a band

Ginger also has a new album coming out in the next few months released under the name Ginger Wildheart Mutation called The Frankenstein Effect.Heaviest stuff he's ever recorded apparently and he has had members of Pulled Apart by Horses and Chickenhawk in the studio with him.

Ginger also has a new album coming out in the next few months released under the name Ginger Wildheart Mutation called The Frankenstein Effect.Heaviest stuff he's ever recorded apparently and he has had members of Pulled Apart by Horses and Chickenhawk in the studio with him.

The Mutation thing sounds like it's gonna be mental. Spoke to Ginge in Love Music before his gig the other week. Pretty much said it will be pretty insane stuff. I think he originally wanted to be the Chutzpah! record to be really heavy (hence the downtuned guitars) but kinda compromised it a bit to keep the more melodic aspect to the tunes.

Brilliant. I'll be getting that. Hope there is another tour soon. They are the bizniss live.

They are supporting In Flames on some European shows in November, hopefully we get a In Flames tour announced with Trivium Supporting or Sepultura

:lol: RIDDLY RIDDLY RIDDLY DUM DUM!

Covering Nightwish is no easy feat but they really have murdered that song <_< The woman seems to be a half decent singer too - lose the riddly diddly dums.

The Mutation thing sounds like it's gonna be mental. Spoke to Ginge in Love Music before his gig the other week. Pretty much said it will be pretty insane stuff. I think he originally wanted to be the Chutzpah! record to be really heavy (hence the downtuned guitars) but kinda compromised it a bit to keep the more melodic aspect to the tunes.

I remember he said that about Chutzpah but the band told him they'd rather make something that might sell.

I'm not sure if i'll like Frankenstein Effect as i have a lower tolerance to really heavy music these days :ph34r:

Hopefully i do though but until some snippets leak out i'll never know.