The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Next year?

Damn, I wish I was going to Sonisphere now :(

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait :D

Yeah was really gutted when they cancelled the tour. Moreso cos I paid £70 for a hotel room for the Newcastle gig and couldn't get it back cos it was an advanced purchase. Fuckers (the hotel, not the band!!!).

Edited by IainMorton

Motorhead annual tour is back around again:

November 2 - Bradford, UK - St Georges

November 3 - Wolverhampton, UK - Civic Hall

November 5 - Stoke-on-Trent, UK - Victoria Hall

November 6 - Cambridge, UK - Corn Exchange

November 8 - Bristol, UK - Colston Hall

November 11 - Norwich, UK - UEA

November 12 - London, UK - Hammersmith Apollo

November 14 - Newcastle, UK - O2 Academy

November 15 - Glasgow, UK - O2 Academy

November 17 - Nottingham, UK - Royal Centre

November 18 - Manchester , UK- O2 Apollo

Tickets on sale Friday, 9am

I'll be there :D Tuesday night though dry.gif

edit to add: Page 2?? C'mon ta fcuk Metalheads

Edited by Mik

Despite them touring every year I have yet to see them, even though many people say they are great live. I will get round to it at some point!!

I've seen them 7 or 8 times over the years. Brilliant every time. The simplicity and purity of what they do is what makes it so good. They also get louder every year. Lem will be pushing 66 by the time of the November shows.

Also tend to have cracking support acts. Most recent was Michael Monroe (of Hanoi Rocks fame) featuring Ginger Wildheart on guitar.

Teckle.

edit to add: Page 2?? C'mon ta fcuk Metalheads

Lol apparntly I see I said " Im not keen on metallica and nothing anthrax" :blink:

must have been drunk or summit, two of ma favourite bands right there :lol:

The problem I have with metallica is, that I love them, but a couple of my friends love them alllooooottttt more and dont shut up about them and I get fed up with them.

Anyone going to sonisphere?

Edited by Zizou-5

New In Flames album out this year so I'm getting pretty excited about that.

Seen them twice. Once at the Barrowlands headlining (with Gojira as support 8) ) and with KSE on the Taste of Chaos tour at the Academy. I was gutted when they had to cancel that gig at Fat Sams in Dundee though. Would have been awesome to see a band like them in Dundee.

Lol apparntly I see I said " Im not keen on metallica and nothing anthrax" :blink:

must have been drunk or summit, two of ma favourite bands right there :lol:

The problem I have with metallica is, that I love them, but a couple of my friends love them alllooooottttt more and dont shut up about them and I get fed up with them.

Anyone going to sonisphere?

:lol: its cool I actually meant the thread and slipped down to page 2 of the music forum man

This is the Download full lineup. THIS is supposed to be the bad one between Download and Sonisphere. Is it f**k. :lol:

FRIDAY 10th JUNE

Main Stage: Def Leppard, The Darkness, Alter Bridge, Thin Lizzy, Black Stone Cherry, Duff McKagan's Loaded, Puddle of Mudd, CKY

2nd Stage: Pendulum, Korn, Bring Me the Horizon, Children of Bodom, The Damned Things, Young Guns, Anti-Flag, D.R.U.G.S.

Pepsi Max Stage: Danzig, Times of Grace, FM, Asking Alexandria, Hyro da Hero, Royal Republic, Sweet Savage

SATURDAY 11th JUNE

Main Stage: System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Skunk Anansie, Down, Hollywood Undead, Skindred, Escape the Fate, All That Remains, The Devil Wears Prada

2nd Stage: Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, Cheap Trick, Mr Big, Dio Disciples, Clutch, Dan Reed, Rock Sugar, Boss Hoss, Rise to Remain, Chthonic, Sacred Mother Tongue

Pepsi Max Stage: Funeral For a Friend, The King Blues, Sevendust, Exile, Trash Talk, Your Demise, Letlive, Versaemerge, Ghost, Straight Line Stitch, TRC, Houston, The Rods

SUNDAY 12th JUNE

Main Stage: Linkin Park, Bullet For My Valentine, Disturbed, The Gaslight Anthem, The Pretty Reckless, Bowling For Soup, Madina Lake, Biohazard, Wayne Static

2nd Stage: Rob Zombie, The Cult, Black Veil Brides, Buckcherry, Turisas, GWAR, Kvelertak, Karma to Burn, Malefice, Yashin, Suicide Silence

Pepsi Max Stage: Frank Turner, Plain White T's, Silverstein, Framing Hanley, Lower Than Atlantis, Deaf Havana, T-34, Starseed, My Darkest Days, The Jameson Raid

This is the Download full lineup. THIS is supposed to be the bad one between Download and Sonisphere. Is it f**k. :lol:

FRIDAY 10th JUNE

Main Stage: Def Leppard, The Darkness, Alter Bridge, Thin Lizzy, Black Stone Cherry, Duff McKagan's Loaded, Puddle of Mudd, CKY

2nd Stage: Pendulum, Korn, Bring Me the Horizon, Children of Bodom, The Damned Things, Young Guns, Anti-Flag, D.R.U.G.S.

Pepsi Max Stage: Danzig, Times of Grace, FM, Asking Alexandria, Hyro da Hero, Royal Republic, Sweet Savage

SATURDAY 11th JUNE

Main Stage: System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Skunk Anansie, Down, Hollywood Undead, Skindred, Escape the Fate, All That Remains, The Devil Wears Prada

2nd Stage: Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, Cheap Trick, Mr Big, Dio Disciples, Clutch, Dan Reed, Rock Sugar, Boss Hoss, Rise to Remain, Chthonic, Sacred Mother Tongue

Pepsi Max Stage: Funeral For a Friend, The King Blues, Sevendust, Exile, Trash Talk, Your Demise, Letlive, Versaemerge, Ghost, Straight Line Stitch, TRC, Houston, The Rods

SUNDAY 12th JUNE

Main Stage: Linkin Park, Bullet For My Valentine, Disturbed, The Gaslight Anthem, The Pretty Reckless, Bowling For Soup, Madina Lake, Biohazard, Wayne Static

2nd Stage: Rob Zombie, The Cult, Black Veil Brides, Buckcherry, Turisas, GWAR, Kvelertak, Karma to Burn, Malefice, Yashin, Suicide Silence

Pepsi Max Stage: Frank Turner, Plain White T's, Silverstein, Framing Hanley, Lower Than Atlantis, Deaf Havana, T-34, Starseed, My Darkest Days, The Jameson Raid

Very very "meh". Hope 2012 is better.

FRIDAY 10th JUNE

SATURDAY 11th JUNE

SUNDAY 12th JUNE

Bands I'd like to see in bold. Clashes all over the shop again, but oh well. Second stage Saturday and Sunday are absolutely superb.

FRIDAY 10th JUNE

SATURDAY 11th JUNE

SUNDAY 12th JUNE

11 Bands that I would go and see. Onlys that I'd pay to go a concert of are Pendulum, Korn, Down and System of A Down. And I've seen all but System in the past two years, all at Download as well!

FRIDAY 10th JUNE

SATURDAY 11th JUNE

SUNDAY 12th JUNE

Bands I'd see in bold. Think I'll be avoiding Download laugh.gif

Is anyone going to Saxon next week?

Where they playing/how much?

Saw them years 6 years ago supporting Motörhead in London.

There were cracking then and from recent vids I've seen they still sound decent and Biff can still wail.

14th April, at the O2 ABC.

Tickets are around £16 if I remember correctly, but there's none left in Tickets Scotland, you'll have to order them online. Suddenly, £16 becomes £22 dry.gif

I've genuinely never seen Saxon put in anything less that an excellent performance. Thursday should be no exception.

SUNDAY 12th JUNE

If you are heading to Download make sure you check this band out.

Edited by Jam

I liked that Kvelertak clip. Their name just evokes that awful genre of extreme shouty death metal,

It means 'Stranglehold' :smartass Another song worth finding on youtube is Blodtørst...

Edited by Jam