The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Always on the look out for new bands to listen to. Today I've just bought Across the Dark by Insomnium.

What are some of the bands you have just started listening to?

My missus did photography for Insomnium about a year ago, nice guys.

Recently got into Kvelertak

A great mix of different influences including Kylesa, Motorhead and the better parts of the ninties Norwegian metal scene.

Earthtone9 are playing Glasgow in May :D Never thought I'd get a chance to see them live as they split up just as I was getting into them.

There is a free "Greatest Hits" album if anyone is interested - http://www.earthtone9.co.uk/free.php

This gig could be a classic. The support - Maybeshewill, The Ocean etc complete a great lineup. I cant wait

This gig could be a classic. The support - Maybeshewill, The Ocean etc complete a great lineup. I cant wait

I'm so hyped about it already. I saw The Ocean supporting Opeth at the ABC back in 2008. I didn't think much of them to be honest but they were up against Opeth and also Cynic that night.

How big is this Stereo Cafe venue in terms of capacity?

Over on the Download forums they are saying DragonForce are supporting Iron Maiden in Japan, I hope they aren't supporting them when the tour over here. Would prefer someone like BFMV or Trivium like the last few times they have played at the SECC!!

Over on the Download forums they are saying DragonForce are supporting Iron Maiden in Japan, I hope they aren't supporting them when the tour over here. Would prefer someone like BFMV or Trivium like the last few times they have played at the SECC!!

Saw Dragonforce a couple of times at Download. They were mildly amusing for the first 5 minutes then it just got silly. Saw Trivs support Maiden on the AMOLAD tour in Dublin a few years back. Not a massive fan of them but they had a decent set.

Rob Zombie tonight was without a doubt the single greatest show I have ever seen in all my years. Skindred blew me away aswell after having missed them last time and revoker look like they have future aswell. GREAT NIGHT!!!

Rob Zombie tonight was without a doubt the single greatest show I have ever seen in all my years. Skindred blew me away aswell after having missed them last time and revoker look like they have future aswell. GREAT NIGHT!!!

Phenomenal mate. What a show! I'm still recovering from it. I was pretty drunk though and some parts are blurry...I do remember jumping around in the pit with my top off though haha :/

Can't wait to see him again in Edinburgh :)