The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Job For A Cowboy bad?

God they were awful supporting Megadeth a few years ago. Couldn't even make out what it was meant to sound like cos it was just a racket going on!! Whitechapel are pretty bad aswell, saw them supporting Trivium last year. Oh dear!

No one's that bad. :lol:

I dunno, I've seen some pretty bad bands at the shows that places like the Cathouse put on where about five or six bands play after each other. Infact, one was one guy in a boiler suit and a hockey mask just playing the same notes over and over again.

Blackout at Download 2009 were pretty close to being as bad as JFAC,

I dunno, I've seen some pretty bad bands at the shows that places like the Cathouse put on where about five or six bands play after each other. Infact, one was one guy in a boiler suit and a hockey mask just playing the same notes over and over again.

Blackout at Download 2009 were pretty close to being as bad as JFAC,

Actually I have thought of worse than JFAC: Emmure.

There were seven bands on that bill, one of the ones where they just chuck in identikit bands to make up the numbers. Emmure are not like any other band, they are a whole new level of awful. Luckily that gig was in the ABC so I could sit in the other bar while they were on and not get the full force of their horrendous noise, but even at that it was just awful hearing any of it.

I don't even mind the style of music, they're just unbelievably bad at it. Seriously, what the f**k is this shit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTxGiAiuXtY

It's not metal but they certainly deserve a mention if we're talking about shit live bands. The Business. A pure cheap Sex Pistols knock-off. Pure giving it a "give it up for the stewards, because they're working class like you!" and since this was a Good Charlotte gig I was at, the girls in the audience didn't actually give a f**k.

Of course, GC were brilliant and made up for it.

Dillinger Escape Plan were kinda shit live when I seen them, but I could tell they were pretty talented so I wouldn't feel comfortable listing them as a worst live band.

Dillinger Escape Plan were kinda shit live when I seen them, but I could tell they were pretty talented so I wouldn't feel comfortable listing them as a worst live band.

Literally aye. Boy in them has history of taking a greyfriars bobby in a bag and lobbing it into the crowd.

I had the misfortune of seeing Cathedral live last year, f**k me it was awful.

At Bloodstock, aye? Alcohol must have clouded my memory as I remember them being class.

Worst live band ever, from the very same festival was Gorgoroth. There wasn't even a hint of a riff, or a note or anything bar double bass pedals going at 100mph and some laughable attempts at "black metul" screechy vocals. I saw JFAC support Megadeth, and trust me Gorgoroth made JFAC look a class above.

A bit behind but here I go...

The Black Album

Load

Master of Puppets

Ride The Lightning

Garage Inc.

...And Justice For All

Kill Em All

Death Magnetic

ReLoad

St. Anger

Cause of that god awful new Skins episode I have that terrible Bodies song by Drowning Pool stuck in my head on repeat.

"Nothing wrong with" that! Sorry too easy.:D :D

Actually I have thought of worse than JFAC: Emmure.

There were seven bands on that bill, one of the ones where they just chuck in identikit bands to make up the numbers. Emmure are not like any other band, they are a whole new level of awful. Luckily that gig was in the ABC so I could sit in the other bar while they were on and not get the full force of their horrendous noise, but even at that it was just awful hearing any of it.

I don't even mind the style of music, they're just unbelievably bad at it. Seriously, what the f**k is this shit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTxGiAiuXtY

That type of shite gives metal a bad name. Full of ideas, none of which are particuarly good. f**k.

One for the drummers. The man is ridiculously groovy.

While we're on the subject of drummers, in my opinion the best to ever walk the earth...Danny Carey of Tool. For anyone that knows about drumming, his 4-way independence just cannot be beaten, and his mastery of of time signatures, meter and polyrhythms (where his hands play in 4/4 and his feet play in 3/6, for example) are genius to the point of inventing them and playing in time signatures that don't really exist. The song "Schism" for example is played in 6.5/8 time at one point....

Also as you'll see in this video, he grooves like a motherfucker... his fill at 1:58 is just hair on the back of your neck stuff. And his hats are always going, always going....4-way independence!!

Try counting this out...with the drums kinda isolated like this it sounds like it would make no sense, but if you them listen to the actual track "Jambi", it works absolutely perfectly!! Unbelieveable....

And last one for the night I promise....from the song "Rosetta Stoned"...playing triplets with his hands, 4/4 with his left foot on the hats, and 5/6 with his right foot on the kick. Playing in 3 different time signatures. All at the same time. How the f**k is that even possible...

Edited by Al B

Iron Maiden have played the following setlist in Moscow.

Satellite 15... The Final Frontier

El Dorado

2 Minutes to Midnight

Coming Home

Dance of Death

The Trooper

The Wicker Man

Blood Brothers

When the Wild Wind Blows

The Evil That Men Do

The Talisman

Fear of the Dark

Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast

Hallowed Be Thy Name

Running Free

I suppose that this is going to be something like what we'll get in the UK.

God they were awful supporting Megadeth a few years ago. Couldn't even make out what it was meant to sound like cos it was just a racket going on!! Whitechapel are pretty bad aswell, saw them supporting Trivium last year. Oh dear!

Whitechapel are terrible. A lot of these deathcore bands are much and much the same to me, only a couple I find are worth listening to.

I only have a handful of videos on Youtube and for some reason my video of Whitechapel at the Ironworks has over 10,000 views :o

Whitechapel are terrible. A lot of these deathcore bands are much and much the same to me, only a couple I find are worth listening to.

I only have a handful of videos on Youtube and for some reason my video of Whitechapel at the Ironworks has over 10,000 views :o

Yeah I still watch your video of Throes Of Perdition from time to time. Bloody awesome, can't believe I was standing just behind you at that gig and didn't even know! When Matt shouts "f*cking explode" and people start jumping and then your camera shakes a bit, that might have been me cos I jumped into the guy in front of me. :lol:

Edited by IainMorton