The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

:lol:

That's the first thing I've heard from this whole project. Wow.

First of all, what the f**k are Metallica thinking? Surely at least one of Hetfield or Hammett can see that that song(at least) is fucking gash.

Lou Reed is just awful. Either the lyrics or his singing is way out of time.

The "banter" at the start is so cringy as well. I'd be booing them if they started playing that at a gig. Car crash stuff.

They really need to come out and say this is all a big prank. Andy Kaufman or Joaquin Phoenix type of thing. I can't believe that a band who wrote Kill Em All and Ride The Lightning would come out with something like this.

edit: just listened to the View to see what the deal was with the table. Tears.

Edited by forehead7

Did anyone see Opeth in Edinburgh on Thursday? My flatmate who is bit of a fanboy came home utterly unimpressed.

I was there and I can understand why he felt that way. The set list wasn't great compared to the previous three times I'd seen them. It really a lacked a song or two to really get the crowd going from their back catalogue and from some of the shouts I heard from around me a number of others felt the same way. I couldn't fault them on their musicianship and they were pretty flawless in that aspect.

What time were Pain of Salvation on? I left kind of late from the hotel and turned up around 8 and they had obviously been long finished as they had almost finished setting up the stage for Opeth by that point.

I was there and I can understand why he felt that way. The set list wasn't great compared to the previous three times I'd seen them. It really a lacked a song or two to really get the crowd going from their back catalogue and from some of the shouts I heard from around me a number of others felt the same way. I couldn't fault them on their musicianship and they were pretty flawless in that aspect.

What time were Pain of Salvation on? I left kind of late from the hotel and turned up around 8 and they had obviously been long finished as they had almost finished setting up the stage for Opeth by that point.

7:10 - 7:40 according to someone there far earlier than myself. Bit ridiculous really

Re Opeth, after they played Devil's Orchard and I Feel the Dark I thought we were in for a really great gig but I just found that the acoustic section dragged on and whilst the drum solo was technically magnificent it didn't really add much to the overall show. A Fair Judgement was the highlight of the evening with Hex Omega not far behind.

7/10 - although I'm clearly biased.

Edited by Consolidate

For anyone in the Moray area, check out the syndicate for metal gigs in Elgin

http://www.facebook.com/groups/170102343001866/314718558540243/?notif_t=group_activity

Gig tonight, Flanagans bar 8pm, Absolutist, Bin Laden's Daughter, Bison and Cleavers

Next gig is Saturday 10th December, Headlined by Achren who played at Wacken, Metalcamp and Bloodstock festivals this summer, also playimg are Filthpact, Iniquitous Savagery and Eaten By Crows.

http://www.achren.com/

Well Candlefest at Ivory Black's last night was tremendous. A few bands pulled out, but serendipitously all the bands I was keen to see were playing still, yay!!

Falloch were just supercool - check out and support a quality Scottish band going places.

Winterfylleth blasted away, didn't get much response but did not miss a note. Noted Franck Ribery behind the kit, doing his thing...

Altar of Plagues - well they kind of sum up post-BM for me. Some tremendous atmosphere and slow doom laden sections, the odd speedy riff-fest (great blastbeating by the drummer) but I could not shake the "hipster" doubt nagging at me. Thick glasses, hoody pulled to just the right position by the ears, they seemed somewhat self-indulgent. This sounds like I hated them but I am just unconvinced. So far.

Anaal Nathrakh were brilliant. Dave C/Hunt's banter was top, they blootered the life out of the PA and, despite missing Mick Kenney, did not miss a beat. The crowd went bananas for the whole time, I've been attending Death Metal gigs for 20 years and that's the first time I've ever seen anyone build a human pyramid in the moshpit! Great stuff. 4 bands, £2 refund on the door due to the cancellations, reasonable kebab on the way back to the car, and back in dreich Perthshire by 11:40 = :D:D

Is it wrong I cant stop listening to the Northern Kings? There operatic metal covers make these cold winter nights just a little bit easier.

The band consits of- Jarkko Ahola from Teräsbetoni, ex-Dreamtale,
Marco Hietala from Nightwish and Tarot,
Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica and
Juha-Pekka Leppäluoto from Charon and Harmaja. Edited by Zizou-5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbknfygp2sg

Dammit amazon hurry up and ship ths album to me, one of my most anticipated releases of 2011 is finally hear :D and hearing the final version of the song above, i absolutly cant wait to hear it. They made it ever better than the demo :)

Apart from the intro being a bit long winded i quite like that.

Time for some youtubing later.

Apart from the intro being a bit long winded i quite like that.

Time for some youtubing later.

Got the album Thursday and it didnt disapoint :D, probably rank it #1 in my favourite albums of 2011, really good from start to finish.

"Fire and Brimstone" is fucking brilliant.