The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Official trailer for the Metallica movie. Im actually quite excited to see it, but the thing is...good/bad/indifferent, it's absolutely unreal to see what they have achieved. To go from where they started, playing the most socially unacceptable music there was at the time...to this, is just mind blowing. People throw around accusations of "sell-out", but in my view they are actually the opposite...they have never done a thing to compromise for other people, in actual fact most of the criticism they draw is because they have done whatever they wanted despite other people. Selling out would be just pumping out the same things within your same little box, just because you know it will keep people happy.

When you can do something like this...you know that you're money. Most bands who come from their scene struggle to just get on the radio...and they can do this. Particularly for long-time fans and followers of the band, it's just unreal to see what they have achieved.

Official trailer for the Metallica movie. Im actually quite excited to see it, but the thing is...good/bad/indifferent, it's absolutely unreal to see what they have achieved. To go from where they started, playing the most socially unacceptable music there was at the time...to this, is just mind blowing. People throw around accusations of "sell-out", but in my view they are actually the opposite...they have never done a thing to compromise for other people, in actual fact most of the criticism they draw is because they have done whatever they wanted despite other people. Selling out would be just pumping out the same things within your same little box, just because you know it will keep people happy.

When you can do something like this...you know that you're money. Most bands who come from their scene struggle to just get on the radio...and they can do this. Particularly for long-time fans and followers of the band, it's just unreal to see what they have achieved.

People, mainly idiots, use the sell out tag far too often. Most stupid people use it when a band gets big, despite playing a similar style of music. Sell outs are the ones who change their look and/or music to fit in with what's popular in order to sell more albums instead of following their creative instincts.

I agree that Metallica didn't sell out. They did however make a couple of honking albums and one truly dreadful abomination of an album, and they made a massive arse of the whole Napster thing.

Wintersun last night in Newcastle was great.

2nd time seeing Savage Messiah and they were pretty good once again, had never heard of Bloodshot Dawn and they were ok, nothing great alot of moshing done during thier set. Wintersun were fantastic, full of energy, Jari sounds great and they music sounds great live.

I really do hate mosh pits though, alot of Bloodshot's set i was too busy making sure i didnt get smcked by some guy who couldnt care less who he barrels into. Annoying.

What the hell did i just watch? That made no sense what so ever, Metallica playing live while some dude gets sent somewhere and ends up getting caught in a brawl. Oh Metallica what the hell are you guys doing these days...

Considering finally doing Wacken next year, Avantasia are headlining as well. It sold out before the end of September last year though so need to move quickly.

It would be pretty cool to do next year looking at some of the bands so far (Emperor, Behemoth, Amon Amarth, Kreator, Avantasia etc..), id just be curious to know if a) how would i get by without knowing any german and b)is the any hotels or hostels nearby because i really fucking hate camping.

Well we can stop this planning right now... it's sold out already! :mellow:

Thats pretty incredible since i think this years was only last week, also i thought it would host alot more than 75k, i think Download hosts more than that (im pretty sure i heard 80-90k that mentioned on one of highlight shows).

Well lets hope Emperor play somewhere in the UK (im not going to hold my breath here).

02 academy Leeds page on Facebook put up a status saying Lamb Of God are playing there in January with tickets on sale friday. Maybe they have jumped the ship with this announcement as I cant see it on the LOG website, could possibly be a UK tour in the works for them.

02 academy Leeds page on Facebook put up a status saying Lamb Of God are playing there in January with tickets on sale friday. Maybe they have jumped the ship with this announcement as I cant see it on the LOG website, could possibly be a UK tour in the works for them.

Full UK tour. They're playing our 02 Academy on Jan 16. Tickets £22.