The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Having myself a bit of a Testament day today.

DNR is an absolute thrash masterpiece!

Now I'm working my way through Dark Roots of Earth, not a great album but the album is incredible. Its currently my wallpaper on my PC at work and I always catch myself just looking at it instead of doing work!

Testament are a great band , never got the recognition they deserved IMO, always felt the big 4 were infact them, Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth, I know most people prefer Slayer but just my opinion.

Testament are a great band , never got the recognition they deserved IMO, always felt the big 4 were infact them, Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth, I know most people prefer Slayer but just my opinion.

Psch, psch.....Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica and Testament mare like, mare like. :P

Edited by Mik

Killswitch and Trivium co-headline tour in February.

Probably go to that just so I can see Jesse front KSE. Not a band start to the year with LOG and now this. Also going to see August Burns Red at The Tunnels on the 5th of February. Heard some of their stuff on Youtube and they sound like your bog standard metalcore band but its a local gig so worth checking out.

Steel Panther -

• Wednesday 19 March Glasgow Barrowland - £18 + fees

:thumsup2:thumsup2

edit to add: Buckcherry + Fozzy done the Aussie tour with them but i'm unsure if they'll follow on to the European tour

Edited by Mik

Volbeat on Thursdaaaaaay :thumsup2:thumsup2

I've taken the Friday off work, can't wait for this.

I've taken Thursday, Friday and Monday off work. Volbeat o2 ABC on Thursday evening, head down to London Friday, Chelsea v Cardiff Saturday afternoon, Volbeat Brixton Academy Saturday evening, back up the road Sunday, recover Monday.

:D

I've taken Thursday, Friday and Monday off work. Volbeat o2 ABC on Thursday evening, head down to London Friday, Chelsea v Cardiff Saturday afternoon, Volbeat Brixton Academy Saturday evening, back up the road Sunday, recover Monday.

:D

You b*****d!

Here's the setlist from France last night - solid.

1.Hallelujah Goat

2.Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood

3.Radio Girl

4.The Nameless One

5.Sad Man's Tongue

6.Lola Montez

7.Heaven nor Hell

8.16 Dollars

9.Dead but Rising

10.Fallen

11.The Mirror and the Ripper

12.Pearl Hart

13.My Body

14.The Hangman's Body Count

15.Maybellene I Hofteholder

16.Still Counting

Encore:

17.Doc Holliday

18.I Only Want to Be with You

19.Pool of Booze, Booze, Booza

Anthrax's Spreading The Disease > every other 80s Thrash album.

I specify 80s because Rust In Peace was 1990.  :P

Oh a toughie. Among the Living is a beast but maybe more anthemic?

Also Reign in Blood and South of Heaven must be up there?

Mate got a Motörhead ticket yesterday. Two nights one a Saturday. Might be one of the chances to see them. Available on Ticketmaster.

Anyone going? I must hace seen them at least half a dozen times. The creosote of Metal? Rarely surprise bur always do what they say on the tin \m/

Mate got a Motörhead ticket yesterday. Two nights one a Saturday. Might be one of the chances to see them. Available on Ticketmaster.

Anyone going? I must hace seen them at least half a dozen times. The creosote of Metal? Rarely surprise bur always do what they say on the tin \m/

I've had my Motorhead ticket for a while (Friday night) - only noticed last night that they added a second night in Glasgow! Very impressive.

My mate is currently trying to twist my arm to go both nights but I don't know if i can justify the expense...

Place bets on Lemmy appearing at the Cathouse on Friday night :lol:

I hope you're all going to make a point of seeing Iced Earth too.

More bands for Bloodstock - Saxon, Flotsam & Jetsam, Decapitated.

Aye my mate is right into Iced Earth so we will be along for that. Apparently there isn't another support act due to early curfew?