The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I actually liked the Saturday announcement, but that's purely my own tastes. Fall Out Boy will NOT go down well. I'm a big fan of them, but I'd never see them at Download because the atmosphere would be... tense.

Wonder how it will compare to MCR.

I mind the sheer seethe when they were announced.

Abiding memory is of walking past the main arena (en route to either Crue or Korn in the tend behind the main stage) as they came on and seeing a sea of thousands of bottles flying towards them. Think after the first few songs though the novelty of abusing them wore off and folk went to see someone else.

I'll wait and see how the undercard fills out (Dying Fetus is a good start for me) but Aerosmith makes my attendance a lot more likely, they were outstanding in 2010.

Bloodstock have added Crowbar, Obituary, Evil Scarecrow and Children of Bodom.

Did anyone see The Dillinger Escape Plan when they were up here? Seen them last year with Mastodon and Red Fang and I've been hooked since but couldn't go this year because of uni.

I saw them at The Garage in Aberdeen. It was good to see them headline as I'd only seen they as a support band before.

http://ikeaordeath.com/ - I got 12/20.

Did anyone see The Dillinger Escape Plan when they were up here? Seen them last year with Mastodon and Red Fang  and I've been hooked since but couldn't go this year because of uni.

Was at the Glasgow show. Was pretty good but they were better when I saw them on the last tour. They seemed reluctant to jump into the crowd until the encore. Last time Greg Puciato landed on my head after three notes. Also no Sunshine The Werewolf encore :(. New album tracks sounded great though and still a good gig.

Was at the Glasgow show. Was pretty good but they were better when I saw them on the last tour. They seemed reluctant to jump into the crowd until the encore. Last time Greg Puciato landed on my head after three notes. Also no Sunshine The Werewolf encore :(. New album tracks sounded great though and still a good gig.

I saw them at The Garage in Aberdeen. It was good to see them headline as I'd only seen they as a support band before.

http://ikeaordeath.com/ - I got 12/20.

Good stuff. I remember before seeing them I'd only heard Milk Lizard so I crapped myself a bit when they opened with (I think anyway) Panasonic Youth.

Good stuff. I remember before seeing them I'd only heard Milk Lizard so I crapped myself a bit when they opened with (I think anyway) Panasonic Youth.

The first time I saw them was supporting System of a Down at the Barrowlands in 2002. They would only have had Calculating Infinity out by then in terms of full albums so we were treated to a complete assault in terms of songs! As a 16 year old and the heaviest thing I'd listened to at that point was Metallica it was a bit of a shock to the system.