The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Offspring and Quo are second stage headliners, Steel Panther are on main stage. Still nothing for me on the Saturday, will wait and see if there's anything to my taste once the undercard is split into days before deciding if I'll go this year and hope for a third stage headliner I like.

We are thrilled to be returning to Download for our 5th time. In honour of both the festival and fans that embraced Trivium first, we have decided to play our 2005 set list from start to finish, preceded by a set of some our other festival favourite tunes. However, to make it all the more unique, we will be playing this "one time only" set on the Red Bull Stage, the most intimate and intense setting possible for revisiting this special moment in time. We have had some of our best experiences as a band on the hallowed grounds of Donington, and this is shaping up to be one of our most exciting ones yet! Do not miss it!

Trivium on the Red Bull stage?! A set list from 2005?!

arry.pngarry.pngarry.pngarry.pngarry.png

I would have thought Trivium would have been more interested in playing their most recent record? Harking back to 2005 strikes me as being a little desperate. Although back then they might have seen themselves as a future headliner rather than a decent but bland band who would go on to churn out 4 fairly inoffensive albums.

Sonisphere announcement at 5:30. Metallica looks extremely likely, f**k knows who else.

Metallica & Maiden are being touted...we'll see....we'll see...

Metallica are firm favorites but to me is very uninspired for Sonisphere.

Aye it's a bit repetitive. They're one of the bands who are always going to sell tickets no matter how often they're here though, so you can see why Soni would go for them. With the festivals they've tried hard to keep it fresh, coming with the rest of the Big Four the last time at Soni and doing the black album in full at Download: if they do the same thing they're doing with the Eurofests and allow ticket holders to vote for the setlist it could be interesting. Lulutastic, even.

No doubt there's been a whole thread along these lines before but since it's a distinct possibility that Soni will give you a chance to vote on it, what would your ideal Metallica set be? On dates already announced they're doing one new song and leaving the rest to the fans so seventeen tracks, let's have it.

Mine, in no order (I realise order is kind of important, but just thinking of tracks I'd like to hear for now).

Battery

Wherever I May Roam

Harvester of Sorrow

The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven II

Fight Fire With Fire

Whiplash

Orion

The Memory Remains

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Dyers Eve

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Trapped Under Ice

The Call of Ktulu

Creeping Death

Am I Evil?

The View (for the luluz)

Tried to avoid commonly played tracks, but I'll always want to hear For Whom The Bell Tolls no matter how often I've seen it before.

Blackened

The Four Horsemen

The Day that Never Comes

Outlaw Torn

Master of Puppets

And Justice For All

Battery

*New Song*

Ride the Lightening

Metal Militia

The Thing That Should Not Be

Fade to Black

Wherever I May Roam

Call of the Ktulu

Dyers Eve

Creeping Death

Harvester of Sorrow

Damage Inc

Would like to see some more stuff off Kill 'em All. Have only see them play 4 Horse, JITF and NR from that record.

Uninspired but solid. Two of my all time favourite bands so I can't complain.

Metallica are doing the "by request" as mentioned earlier where the set is by fan poll

Iron Maiden have confirmed it is an extension to the Maiden England tour so a classic setlist guaranteed.